I couldn't resist taking a photo of Oliver School today, this school is now 100 years old and still open for classes. There have been some new additions yet the old part of this school remains open for students to learn.
I was thinking that 100 years ago if people were fortunate to have a horse they must have rode their horses to school, or if not they'd just have had to walk. Today I hear the kids complain that it takes too long on a bus. I wish some days I could set these ungrateful children back in time for one day, just one day... and then see how much they have to complain about!

If you took away the kid's cell phones and television, you'd remove their will to live... a sad but true assessment.
ReplyDelete:) Very true.
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend Darlin.
hehehe... I agree with LL.. so true.. global warming would be hastened and they may actual stop and think about others just for a second...
ReplyDeleteI love old buildings, thanks for sharing Darlene.
LL you are so right. I grounded my niece from her computer and TV and she's so lost she slept 11 hours last night, nothing to do! It is sad, I guess I'll have to find her something to do, after all there is some cleaning which could be done! :-)
ReplyDeleteHope you all have a great weekend.
I can see you're working on the angle thing. This is a beautiful shot.
ReplyDeleteUsing the branches to frame the shot was also a very good idea, because it gives the photo more depth.
M. not much choice in the angle, I'm not tall enough for any other angle! lol Thanks though! :-)
ReplyDeleteNice shot with a nice post to go along with it. I attended a 1-room country school - it had 8 rows, one for each grade - and we walked about a mile and a half each way. I don't recall any snow days either. Only went there for 1 year but I'll never forget the experience! I think parents only have themselves to blame if they cater to every whim. Some of these kids need to be told to go out and get a job while they still know it all :)
ReplyDeleteWhy haven't I thought of this... what a fantastic idea for my niece. She knows it all and doesn't want to do a thing, a job is in her near future I believe! Thanks Rick!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you go to school for that year? You don't look old enough to have attended a one room school!
I attended the Peacock country school in Ballinafad, Ontario - it still exists but renovated as a home. And I was REALLY young back then :)
ReplyDelete