Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, March 5, 2010

New Pencil


Today I went to buy myself a new mechanical pencil and some pencil leads, somehow I ended up browsing through the camera section. Not only did I buy my new pencil, I also bought this new filter. I'm going to chalk this up to a great salesman. I had also purchased a battery for my new Sony point and shoot, I have since returned it after I found the same thing online for $50 less, I couldn't believe the difference! 

Now I really must learn how to use my Rebel, I have a purchased a few extras for my camera and I don't even know how to really work my camera yet. I am not going to buy another thing for my camera, ok... I'm going to TRY not to buy another thing for my camera until I learn more about it!

6 comments:

  1. Lucky you! You can buy anything you want.

    Tip: I think its important to know how your camera works and use it optimally before buying any extras. At least that's what I would do ;).

    $50 dollars less for a Sony battery? How much did it cost? I never new that the prices of batteries were so high. I thought you could get it for like $20.

    Wish you all the best in sorting out how your camera works ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your camera. I found that the manual that comes with it is just OK, so I got a book that was amazingly helpful. I'd do a chapter or so a week so as not to get overwhelmed. This is the one I got, and they have ones for all Rebel versions:
    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Rebel-450D-Companion/dp/0596520867/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267883384&sr=1-3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy, that's the same camera I have and I have the extra books. That is such a wonderful idea to attempt to do one chapter a week. I've been focusing on my school work and this would give me a welcome break! I'm going to have to attempt to do this. Sometimes it is much better to break it down, I know that, yet I wasn't doing it!

    M. it's not that I can afford to go and purchase anything that I want, I budget very well and watch where I spend. I do put money aside for things I want as a way of rewarding myself from time to time. When I work I work hard and when I want to play I want to be able to play equally as hard! :-) The battery at the one store here was $70, I later seen one online for $20 and this is where I have learned to always compare online before I go out and purchase something. I paid $10 for S & H but in essence still saved.

    I hope you both have a wonderful day! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice! How I wish to have an SLR:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlin, nice work on the shopping around stuff. I still don't know everything about my camera but that doesn't stop me from doing what I want. ;-) Plus it's probably obvious in my photos that I don't know everything. Must be nice to know everything! What a leisure!

    I don't know everything about my life and that doesn't stop me either.
    I did go out and buy a cheap vacuum though I'm not going to take photos of it. Maybe i'll use it to dust my bed. I melted the hose of my last vacuum on the woodstove. .(dumb move on my part).
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL POD, careful now! It's so true, I don't allow not knowing to stop me from anything in life which can be a positive.... well until I wipe out on my skidoo! As I've said here before, life is about having fun, it's too short to worry about what I don't know. Ummm, mind you I have papers due next week which I'm just starting on but they'll get done, I hope! :-)

    As "they" say, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit! And that I'm about to do!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.