My empty side of the bed isn't quite so empty these days. I have text books, books which I am reading for pleasure and I also have the paper for those brilliant thoughts which pop up when I'm nearly asleep all keeping me company in my big bed. Naturally I have my Love Dog guarding it all. I have books near my bed in a bookshelf and books on my nightstand. I have books surrounding me on my desk, in my book bag and more shelving in the living room overflowing with books. I live in books. At times I wonder how I get to read at all. I have essays on the go, notes to prepare and non-stop research bookmarked on my computer. Some of the "must add" research if printed out and what pile is it in again? I still manage to keep in touch with family and friends and get out in the world occasionally. Is it no wonder some days such as today I just crash? I stayed home from my one class today with plans of "catching up." Is there such a thing as catching up when one is in college?
Instead my body begged me for rest. I slept an extra four hours and now I just want to crawl back into bed but my self discipline is going to finish at least one of my projects off for the day.
I can't allow myself to get overwhelmed now, I'm so close to that light at the end of the tunnel and this time I know that it's not the headlight of a train! :-)
One step at a time. I don't there is such a thing as catching up - I never can seem to manage it.
ReplyDeleteThen again it MIGHT be the headlight of a train...
ReplyDeleteNoooo Not the train LL, I've hit that head on a few times in my life and it hurts way to much to get back up off that track.
ReplyDeleteDavine, I don't want to hear that! lol
ReplyDeleteAlmost there, keep it up!
ReplyDeleteKeep going, it's so rewarding once you get to the end.
ReplyDeleteI will keep trudging the road to happy destiny for sure, or will do the best I can to get there! It's mid terms coming up, essays are due, two presentations are coming up and I feel like I'm drowning... this always happens at mid terms and finals... it's all good! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Shayne and Sherry!
Your future's so bright that you need to wear sunglasses (same as me).
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to ask you LL, where did you get those glasses and are they affordable on a students budget?
ReplyDelete