Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You Scratch My Back...


Today we had a pot luck at the college, both first year and second year Social Work students participated. The lunch was fantastic! After our feast I wondered around aimlessly taking photos, this photo here is of three of the first year students. Two of the students were scratching the back of one of their peers.  

Now is this a social workey thing or it is a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" type of a statement? 

After watching the interactions amongst these students I'd have to say that it is more a "feel the love" statement. Today I felt the togetherness, the group unit, the working together sort of a feeling amongst the first year students. Hats off to you first year students! My biggest suggestion to all of you is try not to lose the connectedness, we all are going into one crazy making profession, and I know who I want to be covering my back when I'm out there...especially when I have an itch!

6 comments:

  1. Scratching through a jacket...???? Canadians have a lot to learn about a real BACK SCRATCH/back rub.

    You guys don't get enough time laying on the beach with somebody rubbing oil onto your back in the sun. (balmy breezes, sea birds calling, palms swaying, the crash of the breakers and smell of the sea) That's all I have to say on the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LL is a hoot! I would lay in the sand and use *it* to scratch, pre-oiled. Or a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one lucky guy. Its very hard to shake hands in the Netherlands and people don't care about each other anymore and I find that very pathetic. So, asking someone to scratch your back is like abusing them.

    Great capture and I'll be more than willing to scratch anyones back when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be interesting for you to look back on 1st years students and think about you being in the same spot not long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Social workers are a special breed, that's for sure. After you've been out in the world putting your learning to use, it won't be long until you've seen and heard it all -- the good & the bad. You'll also share a camaraderie with health care clinicians, especially nurses and law enforcement. That's a good thing. Thank god for the people on the front lines of humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LL, a back rub, which we call a massage, is what we have to pay for. On the other hand a back scratch is free, hence not taking the coat off... sheesh don't you know anything about us Canadians? And what is this about a beach with sand on it? Oil from the spills maybe but why would I want anyone to rub that black oozy goo on my back? ;-)

    POD you are so right when you say that LL is a hoot, I love it when he visits... not that I always agree with him but his company is interesting. I generally laugh out loud at a lot of our comments back and forth!

    M. I'd be careful of that!

    Shayne is it very interesting, I often am around if and when they need advice or encouragement, isn't that what second years do?

    Sherry, it will be extremely interesting to share a camaraderie with health care clinicians and not in the capacity as being one of their patients, as well as with the law enforcement without handcuffs... yup it's going to be a whole new world for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.