Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Take Five

My desk is amok with books, papers, notes, research pulled off the internet and my head is telling me to stop, to take five. I was up at the crack of dawn today eager to get this major essay on the go, it's due on Wednesday so that's not giving myself much time at all. I have so much to say and so little time to say it all in. 

Today I have accomplished my map, I have my essay outlined and I am on page 4. I only have another 10 pages to write which will be quite easy to do, I am writing on addiction in adulthood. This is a topic which strikes close to home and I would love to have free reigns on this paper but it is a research paper which requires facts. It is rather hard not to be biased when I become passionate about what I am writing about. But if I stay closed minded I am only robbing myself of new knowledge and I will also be robbing  future clients of any ideas except my own. Now that wouldn't be a very social workey thing to do! 

So now that my break is over, it's back to writing, I am after all aiming to have this paper near completion today, this way I'll have two evenings in which to tweak it.

10 comments:

  1. Well done! I'm interested to hear how the paper turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Darlene for following my blog.

    Love this shot as it shows how comfortable and relaxed you are.

    There's one problem though. When I click on the photo for a larger version, it takes me to a different photo. Maybe it was not linked properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. M. no it's not uploaded properly, I just clicked it and what came up was the first photo I downloaded. I changed my mind, something that I hear us females do often. :-)

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand, maybe you just have to delete the photo and re-link it once again ;)

    Never knew that "changing ones mind" was a female thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute slippers I must say. You must be very proud of yourself for all of your hard work, if not you should be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. M, you change your mind often do you?

    POD thanks, they are my favorite hockey team who are unfortunately in last place this year, but what the heck we'll get first draft picks!

    Davine, I'll be proud once I walk across that stage! :-) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I don't change my mind that often, only with my blogs or websites.

    My biggest problem is when purchasing, can't make up my mind easily, maybe it has to do with me coming from a poor family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. M, I too attempt to make wise decisions when it comes to making a purchase. Poverty does not discriminate, it affects all genders equally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're totally right my dear.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.