For some reason seeing the city in my rear view mirror looks much better than seeing the country in my rear view mirror. Today it was time to come back to the concrete jungle, back to do what I have set out to do. One day, degree in hand, I shall see this city in my rear view for the final time and my heart will dance. I already know the first thing is that I'm going to do when I leave here...I'm going to burn my daytimer.
Through a Project 365 challenge I started taking a photo a day quite some time ago and posting it on this blog, I started to see the world differently and wanted to see if I could capture what I was seeing. Then life got busy and I put the camera and blog aside and today I take my Canon with me from time to time, and now that I think of it I miss taking photos on a regular basis. Glad to be back, it won't always be the DSLR shots, but nonetheless, here I go again!
Perspective
Why I love photography

I don't know if it was meant to be that way, but it looks like I'm looking through a window because the side of the road seems perfectly aligned with that on the mirror. Great photo!
ReplyDeleteI thought you were getting your new degree to further embed yourself in the rat race... You don't really think that the bureaucracy will release you from its python-like embrace??
ReplyDeleteNo, I don't believe my degree will release me and I shall fall into the pits of bureaucratic damnation... I am aiming at total insanity, becoming a generalist Social Worker in a rural community. Best I can hope for is that when it's my turn, I die in my sleep!
ReplyDeleteI always wanted to die in my sleep, like my grandfather --- not like the people in his car, screaming in terror as he drove over a cliff.
ReplyDeleteGoing in your sleep has some profound advantages.
Neat idea for a picture
ReplyDelete