I had a day off today. Fridays are my "me" days. On "me" days I have no classes, Cheryl is in school and it's my time to do as I please, today that wasn't the case.
At 9:00am Cheryl had a dentist appointment on the North side of the city, then I drove her to her school on the South side, next I had an appointment scheduled for 11am at the college and a meeting which lasted from 12-4.
The meeting was very interesting, it was for the Alumni Association which my college is now forming, real grassroots stuff! It is a real pleasure and honor that the faculty has chosen me to sit on the committee to hear a students opinion, and that they heard! I'm not shy when it comes to vocalizing how I feel as a student. I ensured that I mentioned that I am not speaking for ALL students, I only spoke from my perspective and my opinions seem to be valued, this feels good.
I figure that I might just as well get used to meetings, I foresee plenty of them in my future and these stress balls, you bet I have one of them tucked away in my bag and I plan to take it with me whenever I attend meetings. I will remember my first official meeting and try to remember no matter what transpires during a meeting to put on a happy face!
(In reality, this is a projected objective which is not in the least bit quantitative, and is almost impossible to reach... but what the heck, it sounds wonderful!)

Does not really sound all that much like a free day but if you're doing things you enjoy a lot, and doesn't cost, then it's free. ;-)
ReplyDeleteAlways coming here cracks me up. A song starts and then I don't want to leave. Lime in the Coconut. My cat is sitting here staring at me while I sing.
Love the shot of the stress balls. Stress balls!!
Love the smiley:).
ReplyDeleteI have one like that.
Cheers.
POD yes it was free to the degree of it only cost me gas and time. Now I'm going to have that song in my head going round and round, NOOOO! You are right though, I wouldn't have given up my afternoon to stay at home working on assignments for something I am not interested in.
ReplyDeleteThanks POD and Regina... yup I now have one nice happy new ball! :-)
Do they pass out stress balls at meetings? Don't want to alarm you, but when I was a social worker, myself and every other social worker I knew, had economy size, i.e., big, bottles of pain reliever...advil, tynenol or good old asprin. Maybe stress balls have replaced this. You have a terrific attitude. I can see why you were selected for this committee.
ReplyDeleteThe song I like to blast to get a mood improvement is U2's Beautiful Day.
Have a great weekend!
Sherry one day when I do attain my goal, forget the stress balls, I'm going to ask for a punching bag! lol
ReplyDeleteI'll google that song, thanks. And I hope your weekend goes wonderfully as well!
I have stress balls.
ReplyDeleteLL, how do these work for you when you are stressed?
ReplyDeleteIf i had a stress ball in a meeting i'd be too tempeted too throw it, not out of aggression but fun, at those who fall asleep. They are a great idea though.
ReplyDeleteI go to alot of meetings and I find it difficult to pay attention, so i hold a pen, it helps me focus, but if im holding a pen i have to do something with it, so i doodle... my next art exhibition has some of these works that started out as doodles...
That is hilarious A'isha and I'd love to sit in on a boring meeting with you and be stocked up with these stress balls, we'd have a blast! :-)
ReplyDeleteI hope to see some of the works which started out as doodles, that would be extremely interesting! You will be posting some of them I hope.
Cheers, good to see you back here!
The stress balls work to reduce my stress...
ReplyDelete