Through a Project 365 challenge I started taking a photo a day quite some time ago and posting it on this blog, I started to see the world differently and wanted to see if I could capture what I was seeing. Then life got busy and I put the camera and blog aside and today I take my Canon with me from time to time, and now that I think of it I miss taking photos on a regular basis. Glad to be back, it won't always be the DSLR shots, but nonetheless, here I go again!
Ok - looks like we dodged a bullet (at least, an Alberta bullet ! prophetic words about Whyte Ave ?) and got south just in time ! And none too soon, judging by what the forecasts say about Sandy.
Great post on 'Where It All Began' - too true. Good for you, Darlene. [funny when I first saw your photo, I read 'NOREQUEST COLLEGE' ;>) ]
Love that shot of Elyssa - what joy she's having (but I bet you had even more !).
Peanut butter cookies ??? Right at the top of my favourite cookie list. Now if they'd improve the technology, you could email me a couple ! Those look scrumptious !
You did a wonderful job photographing your 'model' - great for your portfolio should you do that professionally, and I'll bet she was quite pleased with the results. And I like what you did with your Halloween photos - very creative !
Have yourself a wonderful week - maybe you'll still get an Indian summer ;>)
Rick you did leave just in time, between winter weather and Sandy you really have dodged the bullet. Lucky duck! lol
That's funny "Norequest", I can't even fathom any encouragement in attending any college with that title! lol
I'm looking forward to my little trick 'n treater coming over tomorrow, Elyssa is definitely my pride and joy and she makes my heart dance. There's just something about being a grandparent that is hard to put into words, I'll call it my "WOW" feeling... I save this word for feelings that are so surreal they're difficult to put into words. :-)
The cookies I would bake everyday if I could share them with others, especially you Rick! I love baking and I do it for the therapeutic value it offers me. And baking season is about to start at my house, lots of 'therapy' for the next month and a half happening in my house! lol
Thank you for your kind words in regards to my photo shoot I did, it was a ton of fun but I don't think that I'd ever do this professionally... then again I never thought I'd get back to school and earn this degree. Anything in life is possible, I just have to remain open minded and willing to follow the path which has been laid out for me. That can be difficult with the ego wants to get in the way! lol
I'm sure hoping for an Indian summer, today it's looking warmer, maybe even warm enough to go and wash my car!
Wishing you a wonderful week as well Rick! I look forward to your sunshine photos which will help me to cope with the winter which lies before me!
Oh no, that's so sad- this time of year- I'm hoping for you that it goes- but not in my direction- please! It is quite sad though, our temperature is 28 degrees right now. That's winter- snow or no snow! Yikes! Summer sweet summer come back to me!
Karen I feel the same way, I want summer back! I don't want to be cooped up in my house for the next 5 months, I'd go stir crazy if I did that! During our winter months please if you notice any of my posts getting off the wall weird, not my normal weird, please send the white van with men in long white coats k? LOL
Diane my Abbie girl is such a lovable dog, she is priceless for sure! You're getting summer shortly are you not? If you don't already have it there. I soooo want to come back just til our snow is gone, that's only about 5 months! lol
Saz it's so awesome to hear from you! I find that life is for living, if you're having a ton of fun living your life and enjoying all you do then do it is my best suggestion. I love my life, I love what I do, but I also sit here alone at nights with my Abbie and I've incorporated my blog into a part of my daily life, most days that is. I love the company here, when I post I find things in my life which I'm grateful for and during those tough years of earning my degree I would come here and find words of support, encouragement... it's like I have a Blogger family here who are extremely supportive and I love it! No need to be sorry by no means, it's fantastic seeing you when you have the time to post. Take good care and enjoy your day!
Brian thank you. It's so hard to even think of planning a shot such as this, I had the wrong lens on, Abbie wasn't going to do this twice so I had one shot and one only. I'm alright with how it turned out though, it totally shows winter! lol
Shirleyanne at least it's just a thought for you! lol The roads are rather icy now and it's cool out there, cool enough that I'm finally packing away my summer wear, slow but sure. I'm still in denial, I don't want winter by no means, but then again I can't always get what I want.
They seem to be a little surprised when the snow hits each year. We've had snow all week. Just a touch early for this much snow and cold!
ReplyDeleteRed from the looks of the forecast it's supposed to warm up a bit, I hope so, as you mentioned it's a touch early this year!
DeleteHave a wonderful week!
Ok - looks like we dodged a bullet (at least, an Alberta bullet ! prophetic words about Whyte Ave ?) and got south just in time ! And none too soon, judging by what the forecasts say about Sandy.
ReplyDeleteGreat post on 'Where It All Began' - too true. Good for you, Darlene. [funny when I first saw your photo, I read 'NOREQUEST COLLEGE' ;>) ]
Love that shot of Elyssa - what joy she's having (but I bet you had even more !).
Peanut butter cookies ??? Right at the top of my favourite cookie list. Now if they'd improve the technology, you could email me a couple ! Those look scrumptious !
You did a wonderful job photographing your 'model' - great for your portfolio should you do that professionally, and I'll bet she was quite pleased with the results. And I like what you did with your Halloween photos - very creative !
Have yourself a wonderful week - maybe you'll still get an Indian summer ;>)
Rick you did leave just in time, between winter weather and Sandy you really have dodged the bullet. Lucky duck! lol
DeleteThat's funny "Norequest", I can't even fathom any encouragement in attending any college with that title! lol
I'm looking forward to my little trick 'n treater coming over tomorrow, Elyssa is definitely my pride and joy and she makes my heart dance. There's just something about being a grandparent that is hard to put into words, I'll call it my "WOW" feeling... I save this word for feelings that are so surreal they're difficult to put into words. :-)
The cookies I would bake everyday if I could share them with others, especially you Rick! I love baking and I do it for the therapeutic value it offers me. And baking season is about to start at my house, lots of 'therapy' for the next month and a half happening in my house! lol
Thank you for your kind words in regards to my photo shoot I did, it was a ton of fun but I don't think that I'd ever do this professionally... then again I never thought I'd get back to school and earn this degree. Anything in life is possible, I just have to remain open minded and willing to follow the path which has been laid out for me. That can be difficult with the ego wants to get in the way! lol
I'm sure hoping for an Indian summer, today it's looking warmer, maybe even warm enough to go and wash my car!
Wishing you a wonderful week as well Rick! I look forward to your sunshine photos which will help me to cope with the winter which lies before me!
Cheers ... it's awesome hearing from you again!
Oh no, that's so sad- this time of year- I'm hoping for you that it goes- but not in my direction- please! It is quite sad though, our temperature is 28 degrees right now. That's winter- snow or no snow! Yikes! Summer sweet summer come back to me!
ReplyDeleteKaren I feel the same way, I want summer back! I don't want to be cooped up in my house for the next 5 months, I'd go stir crazy if I did that! During our winter months please if you notice any of my posts getting off the wall weird, not my normal weird, please send the white van with men in long white coats k? LOL
DeleteHave a fantastic day!
cute shot!
ReplyDeletehere is also snowy, too early!
Blog o życiu & podróżach
Blog o gotowaniu
Ola it's way too early, mind you the snow could hold off til January and it'd still be too early in my books! lol
DeleteCheers.
The doggy is cute trying to keep its paws above the snow. This pic makes me shiver.
ReplyDeleteDiane my Abbie girl is such a lovable dog, she is priceless for sure! You're getting summer shortly are you not? If you don't already have it there. I soooo want to come back just til our snow is gone, that's only about 5 months! lol
DeleteHave a wonderful week!
YUCK is all I can say with the weather:)
ReplyDeleteBev I second that!
DeleteWhat an absolutely gorgeous shot of Abbie. I really do love her, she's so adorable, and I just want to snuggle her!!
ReplyDeleteWe just have loads of rain here.
Sorry for my absence. I promise I'll try get on more!!
Saz it's so awesome to hear from you! I find that life is for living, if you're having a ton of fun living your life and enjoying all you do then do it is my best suggestion. I love my life, I love what I do, but I also sit here alone at nights with my Abbie and I've incorporated my blog into a part of my daily life, most days that is. I love the company here, when I post I find things in my life which I'm grateful for and during those tough years of earning my degree I would come here and find words of support, encouragement... it's like I have a Blogger family here who are extremely supportive and I love it! No need to be sorry by no means, it's fantastic seeing you when you have the time to post. Take good care and enjoy your day!
DeleteThat's a really cool shot! I know you may not be happy about the snow, but the photo is great!
ReplyDeleteBrian thank you. It's so hard to even think of planning a shot such as this, I had the wrong lens on, Abbie wasn't going to do this twice so I had one shot and one only. I'm alright with how it turned out though, it totally shows winter! lol
DeleteHave an awesome week Brian!
Gosh! Snow, what a thought! Just starting to get
ReplyDeleteTry again, just starting to get cooler here in UK at the moment! Really must sort things for the onset of winter!!! What a thought!
ReplyDeleteShirleyanne at least it's just a thought for you! lol The roads are rather icy now and it's cool out there, cool enough that I'm finally packing away my summer wear, slow but sure. I'm still in denial, I don't want winter by no means, but then again I can't always get what I want.
DeleteHave a wonderful week!