Now with Thanksgiving over it's time to start thinking of Christmas. Every year our family has a huge family Christmas party, the party thus far has been held at a different place each year and this year the party will be hosted by my beautiful daughter Michelle. While she's laid up and can't do too much I suggested we get the invitations ready so we can get them in the mail. Within the next few days these will be good to go and that's the first step in preparing for the party done; the rest will come together as we get closer to the party. Michelle offered her home, I offered to help her prepare for this party and we're going to have us some fun!
Well done on the invites Michelle, I love them!

It's not even Halloween yet...
ReplyDeleteLL I know this, we have family from out of town and send out the invites well in advance so people can plan to be here for this yearly get together.
DeleteHey, I think you forgot Halloween?
ReplyDeleteI think most families have their celebration on days other than Christmas.
Red we choose to have the big family Christmas party early in December, most of us stay home and have our children over, a more intimate Christmas. It works for all of us this way and those from out of town have plenty of time to prepare and plan for this date... hence the invites going out early.
DeleteHave a great week!
Very nicely done!
ReplyDeleteThank you Lee, this is a joint effort between my daughter and myself. She's hosting the party and this invite reflects her personality. I'm looking forward to this party, it's always so good to see everyone. We hardly come together as a family unit with all of us being spread out all over Alberta and now one in Saskatchewan.
DeleteHave a great week!
Hi Darlene - I'm busy making my rounds again (although our internet is working, it still takes a while to load blogs - have to reload several times sometimes ... ah, life in the boonies has its plusses (many) and a few drawbacks ...)
ReplyDeleteCame across those delightful shots of Elyssa first [picture me smiling]. Awesome. No - life couldn't be more beautiful !
Nice autumn shots. Had our first killing frost last night - wiped out the dahlias and canna lilies so I've brought the tubers in.
Had to chuckle when I saw the shots for Michelle's surgery - I remember about 6 people asking me what and where my surgery was last time I went. Wish her a speedy recovery. And chuckled even more when I saw your facebook post (does that mean I share that warped sense of humour ?) ;>) Nice job too, Dr. Mom !
Very nice apple crisp - looks mmmmm. [editorial note - my wife makes a most excellent apple crisp !] Ha ha - I've often joked that I'd like to eat dessert first too, or maybe only dessert !
Looks like you had a good Thanksgiving. We had half (2 of 4) of our children, spouses and all 3 grandchildren over for the weekend. Like you, I could probably write a long story about everything I'm grateful for, but family and faith are at the top, and in no particular order - the beauty of creation, music (all kinds), the ability to discover new things, technology (well sometimes), optimism ....
Wow - you're off to an early start planning for Christmas, but I guess it's not that far off. Ok, off to Florida then (in 2 weeks).
Have a great week, Darlene !a
Rick I read and savored your words, I'll have to respond tomorrow after my house is somewhat back to 'normal'. It's been a busy week and tomorrow my daughter is heading home... I just hope she's ready. That girl is so much like me it's not even funny. Surgery isn't going to keep us sitting still or down for very long, it's sheer determination and that she has tons of. tty tomorrow and thanks Rick! :-)
DeleteRick I think that if I could live in a place like you do I'd settle for a slower speed internet, I just wouldn't be online nearly as much which could be a good thing.
DeleteI think that you possibly do share the same warped sense of humor, maybe that's what I like about you! lol
Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving at your home as well, I missed Elyssa not being here and naturally her Mommy and Daddy, but they were in your old home town this past weekend and had a visit to the mountains.
Thanks for all of your kind words, and thank you for sharing your gratitude. :-)
A wonderful week to you as well Rick!
How sweet is a annual gathering like that !
ReplyDeleteWong this is the only time of year it seems my family comes together, when my Mother was alive we seemed to come together more often but at least we now have this time of year set aside and make the time to spend as a family. I love our family get togethers!
Delete