Recently I was shopping at Home Depot, I was looking for lights for the new bedroom which is nearing completion. I like to check in their clearance lights because sometimes they have some magnificent sales. Sure enough I came across a beautiful light fixture, not for the new bedroom, but for the living room.
I'll take you for a walk down memory lane.
When I moved into this house the living room looked like this...
notice the tacky track lighting, not to mention the pink walls!
After some work I had decided on this light fixture and did away
with the horrid track lighting.
The new light was nice but not quite what I had in mind.
This is the newest light I found in the clearance department...
It's funny how one little item can enhance the look of a room, I love
the new light and this one is here to stay.
Sometimes it is the little things which make a difference;
the little price tag was an added bonus!




Beautiful!!! Love the 'new' walls....and I love that music!!! Lord, I hope this day is good, TOO!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda. I did the walls when I first moved into my home, the extras are never ending I've found... but what the heck, it all keeps me outta trouble!
DeleteHave a wonderful day!
My daughter uses words on her walls for decoration so I noticed the "believe right away. I can tell that home decor and renovations turn your crank.
ReplyDeleteRed what I love about home renovations and decorating is sitting back when a room is done and feeling the "ahhhh" feeling. I do love decorating and once this basement bedroom is done I'm already thinking of my next project.
DeleteI love words, I always have and probably always will. I've been thinking about getting back into reading, I've taken a break from it after having to read this past 5 years, I love to read when I don't HAVE to!
Have a wonderful week!
It seems like you had to look past quite a bit when you were thinking about buying this house! It's nice when something finally becomes "you"
ReplyDeleteKathy the first time I looked at this house it was an entirely pink house, inside of the closets even. Why anyone would ever do this to a home is way beyond my comprehension, but yes I did see the potential and now I have this place turned into my home. I have a few more projects I want to do, or have done, but I'll have to quit being a student to make them transpire. All one thing at a time. What gets me is I'll probably have it totally fixed up and then want to sell it! lol
DeleteHave a wonderful day!
You've become a regular at Home Depot. When you go, do the greeters by the door know you by name? ;^)
ReplyDeleteLL with the high turnover of staff at my Home Depot I have to retrain this crew; I'm working on it. :-)
DeleteHave an awesome day LL!
Hello Darlin, loved the new light, always pleasing to get a bargain! Loved your recent photoshoot with friend, especially the last photo. Sorry not followed so much of late, too many commitments at the present. You take care!
ReplyDeleteThank you Shirleyanne, no worries about visiting nor commenting, I know how busy life can be. I'm taking care, taking a break from school but thinking of applying for the Master's degree, actually I'm going to apply for the Master's degree and see what transpires. After Christmas I'm going to search for part time work just to get my foot in the door and see what happens next. I'm sure enjoying my down time for now though! Have a wonderful week and you take care as well!
DeleteI love the new colour scheme.
ReplyDeleteThank you Diane, my daughter who is an artist part time, she has a full time job, helped me decide on colors; that girl has fantastic taste! The room is so relaxing, I love it!
DeleteHave a wonderful week!
Whoa - what a transformation ! And yes, I know the satisfaction of adding just that little something that makes it all complete. Nicely done, Darlene (and that 'Believe' is such a nice touch !).
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Halloween evening with Elyssa !
Thank you Rick. I went back in the archives here (I just love being able to do this!) and I found when I was painting these letters. Here's a link link which will take you back in time if you'd like to see the post I did about these letters.
DeleteHow's the weather in Florida? Go for it, make me jealous! lol
Cheers.
oops put in an extra "link" but I'm sure you know Blogger well enough by now to click on the highlighted one! lol Ya, time to finish up what I was doing here and chill out for the night.
DeleteI like the new color of the wall !
ReplyDeleteThank you Wong, I did two walls in this color and lightened up the other two so I didn't box in the room or make it look smaller. It's a super cozy room now and I love it!
DeleteCheers.
Wow Darlin, it looks so much better now you've re-decorated, and that light really goes with the rest of the room! Looks amazing. (:
ReplyDeleteThank you Saz, this room is now so relaxing, I love it!
Delete