Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's All In The Drapes

This never ending reno project is finally coming together; after searching online as well as in who knows how many different stores I finally found drapes which are an excellent match for the bedroom I'm currently working on BUT (always a but eh?) I have to do some alterations. So tonight out comes the sewing machine. 


I bought long drapes, they are for a basement bedroom so I'm making one set out of one panel.  These drapes have the gromets in them and I don't like the way curtains hang with them so off comes the gromets.  I have to wait for one of the panels to come via express post; Bed Bath and Beyond only had one of the panels left in stock and I need two as there are two windows. I hope this all works out... I'm keeping the faith! 


 I find when finishing a room it's all in the drapes, this is what brings a room together and gives it the finished look. So yup, next room I do I'm starting with the drapes. I'll save tons of time if I do. It's funny after all the renovations I've ever done (and that's been a lot!) as much as I keep meaning to do this I always forget until the room is getting close to being finished. Maybe, just maybe, this time I've finally learned; mind you I think I recall saying the same thing the last time I did a room! 

10 comments:

  1. I never do such changes myself, thanks God I have a talented sister:)
    Blog about life and travelling
    Blog about cooking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ola you are blessed to have help with your wonderful sister. After I moved to this house it was fun picking colors with my daughter, she's an artist and has a gift for color. The drapes and the rest I've always done on my own, tedious but worth it in the end. This is why sometimes it take so long to bring a room together and have it done, I take my time and don't buy the first thing which may match.

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. When my wife does drapes my eyes just glaze over. I don't understand her thinking with fabric measures. Probably a good idea to consider the end first when doing a project. Then you don't box yourself in a corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red I love the way you explained how your eyes just glaze over, I've seen that look before and heard "I'll meet up with you later". lol I love putting a room together, I love being creative and sure it might take a bit longer but when it's all together and finished it's that ahhhhhh feeling. A sense of accomplishment comes over me when can stand back and look at what I've done.

      I seem to think backwards on most things, but getting the drapes first always slips my mind. I may have finally learned though... I hope!

      Have a fantastic week!

      Delete
  3. I never got how people have the energy to renovate their house. My mom loves doing drapes.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina I love being able to relax in the comfort of my own home, but first I love to decorate to my liking so I'm not always thinking of what I could do to fix up a room. That would defeat the purpose of trying to relax.

      Thanks for dropping in, I'll visit your blog as well.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Well good luck with that. As important as the drapes are, they do tend to get put to the end.

    OBTW, if I do put together a coffee table book of my sunsets can I put you down to buy one? ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott you're right, I don't think that I could stand to look at bedsheets or blankets covering my windows! lol

      If you do put a coffee table book together I'll buy one as long as I get a fellow blogger discount and you sign it... deal? And when I write my book I'll give you the same deal.

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  5. Good luck on the drapes! I enjoy doing projects like that, but don't have as much time as I used to to tackle them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, now I finally have the time to get this project out of the way. I'm going to make the time, my niece needs her space and I need my sanity back! As I'm doing this project I wonder how in the heck I ever managed to do as much as I did while I was in school.

      Have a fantastic week!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.