Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thanksgiving

If I were to list all which I am grateful for in my life I could easily write a book. However in honouring Thanksgiving, and sparing you all a lengthy post, I'll only post a few things which I'm extremely grateful for: first I'll have to say second chances, without second chances in life I wouldn't be here to celebrate anything with my family. I'm grateful for being blessed with an amazing family, and for food on the table which nourishes my body. I'm also grateful for the gift of knowing how to cook. 

I took this photo after dinner, guess there's some 'doggie' bags going home with everyone. 


Not only did we have the apple crisp for desert, 
I couldn't resist picking up a pumpkin pie.


I'm grateful for family, good food and the chance to sit back and relax after dinner. Even Abbie was on down time, it was a busy yet rewarding day. 


... your turn, what are a few things you're grateful for? 

18 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a real feast. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horst this is a smaller version of what I do for Christmas, the Thanksgiving dinner is like a warm up to really get cooking! In about mid November I'll start baking, then I'll make my cabbage rolls and perogies, and I'll prep all I can in advance. Nobody leaves my house hungry that's for sure!

      Today is awesome, I ventured out with Michelle to Michael's, she loves to paint and wanted to buy some more paints. It was her first trip out since the surgery and a real treat for her to be able to get out for a bit, tiring but good.

      Have a fantastic week!

      Delete
  2. Life, love and lingering around all the days of our life with our loved ones! Happy Thanksgiving, I always forget you celebrate it in October (which seems fitting) and we have it in November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen that's some mighty fine things you have to be grateful for, an attitude of gratitude goes a long ways in life and I find when I live in gratitude my heart dances a bit more often.

      I like that we have Thanksgiving in October, there's just over two months now to get ready for Christmas. I'll start that in a few weeks.

      Have a wonderful week. I'll be by to visit real soon, my daughter wants to go home on Tuesday after her first physio class. I've loved having her here, unfortunately it was under these circumstances, but at least I was here for her.

      Delete
  3. I'm thankful that I am happy where I live, for my two sons, and for my husband who has had to put up with a lot whereas other guys wouldv'e said see you later long ago. Maybe I should tell him that. I also wonder which part of Thanksgiving dinner went into the crock pot...anything to lessen the load and my dinner isn't until tuesday (I have pumpkin pie and apple pie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, maybe that's a good idea to tell your husband that. I find sometimes I think things but forget to vocalize them, it's always good to have external validation I think.

      I put my cabbage rolls in the crock pot, I had them simmering all day long on the kitchen counter and they went straight to the table. At Christmas I have two or three crock pots on the table, I'll do my perogies a bit ahead of time and use crocks to keep them warm. The smallest crock I own the gravy sits in.

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  4. I'm grateful for so many things but probably mostly for my family and my good health. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. Good health is something I used to take for granted, there's been a lot transpire within my life that I no longer take this for granted. Family is also an immense blessing, sounds like we both have tons in our life to be grateful for!

      I love your flower photo, it's fantastic! Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  5. For family of course. But I think this year for everyone's health. It can fade so fast it's really important to enjoy while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shayne, family is a true blessing. I'm so grateful to have you, Sandy and Elyssa in my life. I'm proud of you for who you are and all you do. I love you and even though miles kept us apart this Thanksgiving you were in my thoughts.

      That bulldog on the skateboard is so cute, what did Elyssa think of that?

      See you soon.

      Delete
  6. You had me thinking when you asked your question. I'm grateful for positive bloggers who are always upbeat about life.
    Looks like you had a great day. We had a good day to with a half turkey and all the trimmings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red that's another fantastic thing to be grateful for, it's awesome to open up my blog and find all of the positive energies floating around here. I sure drew off of the positive while I was in school; my blogger family helped me make it through some long, lonely nights when I'd be up all night writing yet another essay... by the way, I don't miss those essays one wee bit!

      Have a fantastic Thanksgiving day!

      Delete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving. Your cooking looks delicious and there is nothing better than sharing it with family. I am thankful for my loving family too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane, it was a wonderful weekend and nice to spend some time with family. Thank you for sharing what you're thankful for. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving! Of course, we don't celebrate it here but I am geratful for being healthy, being able to travel, for my husband and family, so many other things to list them

    Blog about life and travelling
    Blog about cooking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ola we really are blessed aren't we? I spotted this one post tonight which made me realize I need to thank God a bit more often, it said something like if I was to wake up tomorrow and have only what I thanked God for the day before what would I have left. Now that's an interesting concept.

      Have a fantastic week!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Wong Abbie loves it when people come to visit and she gets played out by the end of the day. She's such a good dog but easily excited when people visit.

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.