This is what I woke up to, a crisp chilly day and yes, snow.
I had a lunch date with a good friend and went downtown to meet her, this is what the city looked like today...
I also had an appointment with the University; while I was waiting to see the lady I went down to have a chat with I wondered about the art on the wall, I'd wondered if anybody ever got hurt on this...
After the appointment, one which I decided to submit my application for the Masters degree (Yes, I must be crazy!), I completed my errands and couldn't wait to get home to my warm house. I then decided to get creative myself, I don't know if the wire art inspired me or not, something did and I started another photo album for Elyssa.
I found plenty to keep me busy and out of trouble on this chilly day, one of these days soon I'd best come out of denial that winter is coming and I'd best dig out my winter gear. All in good time, when I get cold enough it'll happen.




Nice snow! Today was the coldest October day since 1972! We had snow on some of the local hills - and I thought it was spring!
ReplyDeleteCheers - Stewart M
Stewart it seems the weather is changing throughout the entire world, soon enough you'll have your spring hopefully but that means I'll be in a deep freeze... brrrr. It's been around 5, yesterday dipped down to 0 and as much as I hope it warms up, I'm not so sure it will. Here's to hoping just the same!
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
Are you sure that's snow and not merely 'heavy frost'?
ReplyDeleteLL it was both! I want to move where you are, just til about May. Speaking of which, I think that I'll head to the States for my b'day in May. I want to go to commercialized Vegas, just to see what I haven't been missing all these years. If I can get away anywhere else during this winter I'm outta here to someplace where the sun always shines. I've had about enough of cold, snow and all the fun stuff which winter brings.
DeleteHave a great weekend!
How can you deny winter when there is snow already. We have had to cancel our trip to the mountains as it has started snowing again so we are heading north again tomorrow from Canberra.
ReplyDeleteDiane I'm just hoping it goes away, we don't generally get snow which lasts until the end of October, sometimes into November and I'm hoping this is just something to show us what we haven't been missing and it goes away.
DeleteHave a wonderful trip, how long are you going for? I'll watch your blog for photos, I've never been to Canberra before.
Oh that can't be a good sign that you have snow! Oh no! Pretty picture though-as is your darling little grand-daughter! Enjoy what should be autumn again....that snow looked like just a wee little test...like we really need it right! Ha! Ha! I hope you had a great family fun filled Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteKaren winter is on it's way, there's no denying that but I just don't want it to happen, not yet. Wishful thinking on my part that this won't last, or once it hits that it's going to go fast. Mind you that means that I'd be getting closer faster to yet another milestone birthday and that I want to avoid if I can. A real catch 22 eh? lol
DeleteThank you for your compliments and Thanksgiving was good, quiet but good nonetheless. How was yours?
Enjoy your weekend!
Brrr I didn't go out yesterday... I should go out today...??? I don't like this cold...time to go south??
ReplyDeleteBev lets go down to the airport and catch the first flight outta here and return hmmm about April should do the trick! lol If only it were that easy I'd be making plans right now.
DeleteHave a wonderful day and for sure get out for a bit, life's too short in my opinion to spend it cooped up indoors. ;-)
It feels so good to be back at your place here. I missed a lot. I am glad your daughter is OK after the knee surgery. I saw the apple pie recipe and i also see that life is boiling and makes you busy. And I admire your spirit and optimism. Good luck with Masters degree!
ReplyDeleteWe have very warm and dry October so far, +8C.
Irina welcome back, you've been missed as well by me. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement, if all goes as I hope it does I'll start the Masters program next September, it's a two year program and pretty intense from the sounds of it, a bit intimidating I might add but so were the last two levels I studied at and I passed both with flying colors. So bring it on I say. I know if I don't do this now that I won't do it, I'll have good intentions but once I'm accustomed to making money it'll keep me from continuing my studies and I'm not getting any younger by no means. See how good I am at talking myself right into this, sometimes when I really think about two more years of studies I want to find a brick wall and bang my head against it, but all I'd accomplish is hurting my head! lol
DeleteIt has been nice for you thus far, our weekend is supposed to warm up to +12, that's more like it!
Have a fantastic weekend, take care and I'll chat with you again soon!
Oh no, that means that winter is well and truly here! The nights are getting colder and darker quicker now here. I don't like it! I prefer the summer and spring way more! Haha.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
Saz noooo don't say that, not yet! lol I'm with you and prefer spring and summer, but what can we really do, move to Australia for our winter months? I've thought about it but the bank account won't allow me that luxury... not yet anyways.
DeleteThis weekend is going to be awesome, I can feel positive vibes so it's gotta be good regardless of what happens! :-) I also hope you have a fantastic weekend, dig out those heavier jackets!
Yeah.. I'd love to just move between here and Australia and permanently be in summer and spring, but then you'd get a bit fed up really of constant heat I guess.. So I guess we need autumn and winter, haha!
DeleteAnd so far my weekend is going fab! My blog explains more. ;-) But yeah.. Hope your weekend is amazing!!
Saz I've lived through enough winters I don't think that I could ever get tired of constant hear, not if I had an air conditioner! lol I'll stop by your blog after I'm home tonight, I have yet another dinner to attend. Cheers.
DeleteI think we all put off getting the winter stuff out and think that may delay winter. The best think is to keep busy and then we don'td well on some of the negatives.
ReplyDeleteRed if I were any busier I'd have to make an appointment to have my shower in the morning! lol I sometimes wonder how I ever had time for school and all those papers, mind you I wasn't doing half of what I'm up to now. I'm volunteering in different capacities and getting some more work done on my house, work which I'd put off. It's all good, I still make "me" time and will have more of that during the winter months this year. The big decision has been made to apply for the Masters degree, now that I know I'm going that route after Christmas I want to find a part time job in the field, then come September hit the books again.
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend Red, it's supposed to go up to 12, no minus in front of that neither!
Great that you decided to pursue the graduate program. Best of luck.
DeleteThank you Red, in the meantime it's sure nice to have a break!
DeleteI am not ready for winter. And snow for me means winter, not fall. Although, staying inside and getting creative is always fun.
ReplyDeleteLee that's a lot to do indoors, I think that the first bit of winter is an adaptation process and once we're accustomed to bundling up and running to a warm vehicle well it's really not all that bad. I might even get the opportunity to go out sledding this year. I didn't get a chance last year but didn't miss it one wee bit, not when I was in Australia taking surf lessons! lol
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
I can have a very long to do list!
ReplyDeleteWong sometimes it's fun to just put the to do list away and just go out taking photos right? It's when taking photos is on my to do list and I have to force myself to do so then I'm going to take a break. The photos and blog are my passion, not something I do cause I have to do it and I really enjoy this "me" time.
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend!