Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Children's Wish Foundation

Those who follow my blog regularly will know that my daughter Michelle had knee surgery on October 1st, 13 days ago. Before she had found out about her surgery she had started planning a walk for a worthy cause; the walk was to raise funds for terminally ill children and to help their wishes come true.

 Michelle is one determined young lady, I went to pick her up and she shared with me that the lady who was supposed to bring over the wheelchair wasn't going to come to the event. We were headed down there just the same as my daughter was the team captain and felt is was her responsibility to be there. Another lady she works with showed up and the rest of the team didn't make it all for their own reasons. 

First was registration...
(thankfully the wheelchair was dropped off!)

The walk itself, which Michelle told me was 5kms, was a nice brisk walk which I ended up going on with the girls, how that happened is beyond me! Ohhh right, I wanted to take photos! lt really was a beautiful walk. 

And we were off and walking. :-)

To fast forward a bit, we were nearing the end of the walk...

Well done ladies, you are to be commended for your part in helping a child's wish come true! 


Michelle when I look at you I see a part of me, the part I am proud of within myself. Always stay true to your heart, never ever say can't, and you will continue to do well in life. I love you my mini-me! :-)


12 comments:

  1. What an amazing young lady!!! Like MOTHER - like DAUGHTER!!! Great post!
    I must have missed more posts than I thought lately because I didn't know about her knee surgery. Prayers for a good and speedy recovery. Your girl has YOUR 'grits!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda I'm so proud of my daughter, of all of my children. I am so blessed to have such wonderful children and now one wee grandchild. My heart if full of love and blessings.

      Thank you for your kind words. Michelle is already back to work tomorrow, she's still on crutches and will be for some time, but all one day at a time.

      Have a wonderful day, I'll swing by later on and see how your grandbabies are doing! :-) Wow, it's still so hard to fathom 4 at once, a true blessing for sure!

      Delete
  2. Lots of smiles going around on that walk, both of the young ladies are very beautiful. Great pictures Darlin. Hope you had a great walk and time as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Horst, I did enjoy myself, it was wonderful to get out walking and snapping photos before I had my event to attend. Here I was sitting and visiting with the girls and not even thinking of time, I had to be at Grant Mac by 1 and it was Michelle who mentioned my time frame. Well I don't think that I got a move on like I did yesterday, I rushed to her house, rushed as fast as I could down to Grant Mac on a Saturday, I was coming from North East, deep North East, and arrived at 1:10, I had to find where I was to be and ready to respond to questions from the audience by 1:30... no worries, it was a great day and it all came together nicely. How've you been doing? I hope all is well in your world!

      Delete
  3. Compliments for your beautiful daughter, dear Darlin. Best wishes for a good recovery. A big hug from Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome kid you have! Congratulate her for being so determined. Mom , you have a right to be proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red thank you and I shall do that. I'm blessed with all of my children, they all have big hearts, the boys show it in different ways than my girl does though. I am one blessed momma to have such wonderful children, I'm proud of each one of them for who they are as individuals and for all each does and has accomplished in life thus far.

      Have a wonderful week! This is so strange, I don't write papers, nor cram, or read textbooks anymore but I'm still so busy. What's up with that? lol

      Delete
    2. Maybe you are so busy because you backed up projects from when you were busy with studying and trips to Australia. You sure like to keep yourself busy. :-) Take care and not over do things.

      Delete
    3. Horst I am a very active person, I love people and as well as doing things which I like to do. I try not to over do things, but sometimes I get a bit carried away. I'm on a few down days right now, doing as little as possible and getting some needed rest. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

      Cheers.

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.