Today I went out with a young lady who is a friend of mine
and did a photoshoot for her. I'd offered to do this quite some time
ago and finally we both had a free day, unfortunately it was a cool
one today, but we went out just the same.
Here's a few of my favorite from what I've gone through this far...
We braved the cold and went down to one of the parks still open to public.
I'm surprised there's still geese here; today the temperature dipped
down to-3c and there was a very cold wind.
Silly girl braved the cold and even took her jacket off for a few photos,
before long she put it back on though!
It's been a fun learning day for me, I'm practicing shooting portraits lately...
when I can find people who don't mind their photo being taken you bet
I'll volunteer to do a few shots... or a few hundred I should say!
If anybody has any suggestions for me please feel free to add them to
your comments. I love hearing others opinions and advice,
how else will I learn if I don't ask? :-)
If anybody has any suggestions for me please feel free to add them to
your comments. I love hearing others opinions and advice,
how else will I learn if I don't ask? :-)



A bit like Drew Berrymore!
ReplyDeleteBlog about life and travelling
Blog about cooking
Ola I googled Drew Berrymore and I can see the resemblance. My friend will love hearing this I'm sure! Thanks.
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
She is very pretty and brave to take off her jacket. You have done a great job. The light on her face is super. The only comment I could make for improvement is to use the rule of thirds to place the eyes. I still have heaps to learn about portrait photography. I wrote a few hints for our camera club site here:
ReplyDeletehttp://loganu3acameraclub.blogspot.com.au/p/photographing-people-especially-children.html
Diane do you mean to keep the eyes in the upper third? Like the first two photos? I looked again at these and if that's the case that means the last photo could be adjusted. I've been playing with other photos I shot that day as well and I found some new favorites! ;-)
DeleteThank you and I'll go to your link and check it out.
Cheers.
Awesome shots and young lady. I know that shots like this just don't happen.You have to see them in your head before you take them.
ReplyDeleteRed you bet and not all shots turn out like I envision them too, thankfully everything is digital and with a simple click I can make those ones disappear.
DeleteThank you Red. Have a wonderful day!
She's pretty.
ReplyDeleteBut I haven't seen any bikini shots...
LL the temperature here has been below zero. The geese were walking on the pond, not swimming by no means, it's already frozen over. So nope, no bikini shots, not til next summer.
DeleteYou are brave! I want to learn how to take good portraits as well. If I come across some good info, I'll send it your way. For now, there are two things I've learned: it's all about the eyes and you can use a soft fill flash to erase shadows on the facial features. Nice job!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Lee, I also would appreciate any good information sent my way, that would be awesome. If I ever make time to do some research I'll also pass on the info to you.
DeleteHave a wonderful day!
Very nice photography! A lovely subject too, and I especially like the natural look, where it appears you caught her in the middle of her walk along the park.
ReplyDeleteKaren thank you. I also prefer natural shots, not the posed ones. There's so many phoney smiles all around us, lets see some real smiles, real thoughts or plain out realness!
Delete