"In the entire circle of the year there are no days so delightful
as those of a fine October,
when the trees are bare to the mild heavens,
as those of a fine October,
when the trees are bare to the mild heavens,
and the [yellow and] red leaves bestrew the road,
and you can feel the breath of winter,
morning and evening—no days so calm,
so tenderly solemn,
and with such a reverent meekness in the air."
~Alexander Smith


Darlin, I can taste FALL now !
ReplyDeleteWong this is an amazing compliment, thank you! Now to try to get you to inhale it and you will have the complete Fall experience! Mind you with as chilly as it's been I'd best get to work on that, I'm hoping we don't get snow for at least another month, but that's just wishful thinking I'm sure.
DeleteEnjoy your day/evening!
We've been having see-saw temperatures the last couple of weeks, but the trees know fall is coming no matter what the thermometer says!
ReplyDeleteKathy tis the season! lol I'm almost tempted to climb this tree which sits on my neighbors lawn, and decorate it with clear lights, make it festive around here and light up the neighborhood. Maybe I'll ask my neighbor if he minds if I do this, I think I'd like to.
DeleteHave a wonderful day and bundle up!
There is also the smell of beer at the Oktoberfest celebrations, but it's difficult to take a photo of the smell -- but it would be interesting to see a photo of Darlin' hoisting one, wearing lederhosen. Or do I have to wait for Halloween?
ReplyDeleteIt's simply a humble suggestion from your most devoted blog reader.
LL you are indeed my most devoted blog reader, if memory serves me correctly you've been visiting me since about 3 months or so into my blogging venture. I don't intentionally want to disappoint you but I'm allergic to any type of alcohol, if I drink I wake up in hospitals and wonder how in the hell I got there; twice it was jail! ;-) So this little darlin stays away from even beer during Oktoberfest celebrations.
DeleteAnd you are indeed humble, every pore of your body screams humbleness, in it's own unique way!
Enjoy the day! Cheers.
Beautiful pictures...now sure if I like this 'winter' feeling:)))
ReplyDeleteBev I think we're all going through the adaptation phase, it's a process I've tried to fight but always end up losing! Once it's here and I've adjusted to our winter world all is well again in my world, til then I'm going to continue to fight it every step of the way! lol Not literally naturally.
DeleteHave a great day!
Great quote! The guy makes me feel like winter is awesome. What salesman. Great quote to go along with your photos.
ReplyDeleteRed I hear you, I am looking at this time of year a wee bit differently now. I'm not 100% convinced just yet that winter is awesome, but I'm working on it. I know I love being at the farm when the snow blankets the ground, it twinkles like someone has sprinkled diamonds over the fields when the sun shines down and hits the snow in a particular way and the world is quiet. The fireplace crackles and sends warm sensations up and down my spine. This is generally when I get a brilliant idea to go skidooing, and hope my skidoo will stay upright! lol Ya, there is some good to winter after all, but I can wait. I have worked on patience and have plenty of that now! :-)
DeleteHave a wonderful day Red! Soon enough you'll be putting away your bike for the year and pulling out your skis.
So lovely, and now we can really watch the squirrels!
ReplyDeleteKaren what a brilliant idea, I should buy some pet squirrels and let them run from limb to limb in the tree. I only have one wee problem with that though, how would I catch them to bring my pet squirrels back inside? lol Living in the city I don't have the opportunity to see a lot of squirrels, I'll have to frequent your blog more often, when time permits naturally, and see if you've captured them. I think squirrels are so adorable!
DeleteEnjoy your day! Cheers.
I love your landscapes. I'd like to come one day in your Canada.
ReplyDeleteCiao from Italy.
Erika if you ever come to Canada I suggest you come in our summer time, not many people can stand how cold our winters get here, myself included! If you ever want to come to Canada and see this part of it you're more than welcome to come and stay with me for a while, I could show you around if I have enough notice and am not in studies.
DeleteCheers and hugs sent your way!
These pictures do capture the season with you - we have just had the first weekend where the front and back doors are open and we eat lunch in the garden! Hello spring!
ReplyDeleteStewart M - Australia
I can only wish to be back in Australia Stewart, if only wishes could come true, well some of them! lol That's fantastic you're into spring, you can share your colorful world with all of us, I'll sure appreciate it when we're in the middle of winter! I wonder how tough it's going to be for me to adapt to the cold weather, I've already been tempted to pull out the parka but not yet, otherwise what will I wear when it's -30.... brrr I shudder to think.
DeleteTake care and thanks for stopping by. Enjoy what's left of your weekend! :-)