Today was a productive day; I canned applesauce, baked 3 loaves of banana bread,
2 with chocolate chips and I tried one with fresh cranberries. The banana chocolate chip loaves are naturally awesome, that's because there's chocolate in them! The cranberry loaf was pretty good and the applesauce is delicious. While I was cooking the applesauce I added a bit of honey and a few cinnamon sticks... scrumptious!
When I bake I like to use applesauce instead of oil, this really cuts down on the fats
and nobody knows the difference, well unless I tell them. Today I also started doing a bit of decluttering, I see this is going to take a bit longer than anticipated but no worries, it's all good as I have the time to do things like this now that I'm taking a break from my studies.

interesting ingredient in the apple sauce-I mean the honey
ReplyDeleteżycie & podróże
gotowanie
Ola if you make applesauce I suggest you try adding a wee bit, it takes the bitter out of the cooking apples and I believe it's a healthier choice than sugar. I really like it and will do my applesauce this way from now on. The honey I used came from a local beekeeper, it's really pure and tastes so good.
DeleteYou sure are a good cook. Looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteDiane nobody has complained about my cooking by no means and nobody ever leaves my home hungry! I love to cook, not as much as I once did but now I'm only feeding myself and my niece and neither of us have big appetites. The banana bread I'll freeze by the slice and when one of us wants a piece we can just put it in the microwave to defrost it.
DeleteThank you!
I thought you were productive every day! Yes, you accomplished a lot for one day. Decluttering? We've been working at that for longer than I care to admit. It's just a never ending job.
ReplyDeleteRed this was a different type of productive is all! lol Argggh I don't want to hear that this job of decluttering is never ending, I'll just pretend I didn't read that and keep on working away. I'm still not quite done that downstairs bedroom neither, one of these days I'm going to have to go down there and not come out until it's done. I guess you're right, the work never ends. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
DeleteNever thought of using honey in applesauce...as a honey lover, that's a great idea....I'm waiting to find apples on sale so I can buy a case and make some too, glad I waited.
ReplyDeleteJoyce I'm very fortunate that I have apples given to me. My former boss who now is one of my best friends has an apple tree in her backyard and the apples are better for cooking with than Granny Smith apples. I use these ones for apple crisp and then Sunday when I stopped by where I used to work I had another bag of apples given to me from someone else's tree so the apples were free. When you make your applesauce you can also add a few cinnamon sticks right into the sauce as you simmer it, that way you'll have just a hint of cinnamon. I love it this way.
DeleteHave fun with your apples! Cheers.
The cake looks so yummy, I love cake that has fruit in it any kind of cake with fruit in it.
ReplyDeleteHorst you must love Christmas cake I'm guessing. That's one cake I've never made, so little of it gets eaten at Christmas with all the baking I do that I just buy one of those wee loaves because I love it. I'm probably the only one who has a few slices of it during the holiday season.
DeleteA bit of homebaking! Wonerful! Good to hear you're having bit of a break Darlin, such a busy lady ;)
ReplyDeleteShirleyanne there's never a dull moment in my life unless I choose for there to be one. I love to do things and not sit idle for too long. Every now and again though I take my time out, I won't answer the phone or turn on my computer for a few hours just to take a break from the world, that's not too often though.
DeleteWhen can pictures have sense of smell and touch ?
ReplyDeleteHmmm now you have me thinking Wong, can they have the sense of smell and touch?
DeleteWow, not only productive, but yummy looking too....you are amazing!
ReplyDeleteKaren thank you, I don't feel so amazing, I just do what needs doing, or whatever I feel like doing these days! lol I've got a bedroom which needs finishing downstairs, my bedroom needs to be decluttered and the list goes on, all in good time though... when I feel like it! lol
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend!