Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Playing with Photos

Today I was capturing a few shots for Halloween,
 I was sitting here playing with a few of the photos 
and here's what I came up with. 
I thought this first one looked a bit boring...


so I added some life to it...


I also took a photo of a skeleton (as well as a few other things)
while I was in the Dollar Store,
 it wasn't too bad of a photo...


Nonetheless I was playing with this new program 
and added about 4 different effects to this photo, 
here's what I came up with....


I think that gave this photo a bit more of a 
Halloween look. Kind of creepy if you ask me
but it's all in the spirit of Halloween so why not eh? 

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Ola, it was fun just playing with a few photos last night. What better way to spend a chilly Saturday evening?

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. Oh you are so right! It's funny one of the bloggers I follow from Sepia Saturday, posted the coolest walking dead Zombie post ever, (he's always quite amazing with his photos) every kind of photo, especially his unbelievable sepia ones, but he played around with what already was a cool photo, like your guy outside the dollar store, but yes, it's so amazing it's like putting frosting on a tasty cake...I am going to come back with the link to that post. You'll love it, in this holiday spirit of Halloween and the Walking not talking dead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I'll check this site out. I'm always looking for new inovative ideas and this guy might offer some. :-) Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. Okay, Darlin this is a cool post check it out! Here's his link

    http://www.ticklebear4u.com/2012/10/zombies-in-montreal-298365-days-v20.html

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are amazing programs for photography these days. i don't have any of them but my friend does so when I go over there I see some pretty cool things. Yes, you do make things a little more creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red there sure are, for me the easier to use the better. I still haven't learned photoshop nor how to use the Paintshop program I have installed on both my laptop and PC, all in good time. When I'm doing reorganizing and cleaing my house I'll be spending a fair amount of time playing around on my computer once we hit the deep freeze days! Have a blessed and wonderful Sunday Red!

      Delete
    2. Hey Darlin, If you need someone to help with Photoshop, you can always count on me. Love the effects you created on these photos. Have a great Sunday, what's left of it. :-)

      Delete
    3. Horst you're awesome, IF I ever catch up around this house, stay home long enough to get caught up, I'm going to take you up on this for sure. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Wong I did thank you. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Darlene,,,fun isn't it? PicMonkey is a good site for photo editing, lots of cool ideas and you don't have to download anything. I'm off to check that link above. By the way, like you two new songs, Stuck in Lodi and Ally Mcbeal.....now that was a good show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce, sure is fun playing with photos. Now to get an album put together and ordered for my granddaughter for Christmas. I've got it started, picked out the layout and color scheme and that takes a fair amount of time just to do that. Now I want to go through this past 1 1/2 years of photos and pick which ones I'd like to put into the album, that's going to be tough! I'll check out PicMonkey, never heard of it before, thanks. I loved the Ally Mcbeal show too and the song sure touches me, it's where I'm at in life. :-)

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  7. The things you can do when you are not studying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane it's been interesting not having studies to tend to, I've been doing different things which I enjoy and sometimes I actually miss my studies. I'm going to check into taking a course or two via correspondence to get a jump start on the Masters, if it's possible I'm going to go for it.

      Have a great week!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.