Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Revisiting Former Years

Tonight I attended part two of a leadership course, 
this course was held at my former college. 


The college is where I began my educational journey five years ago; memories came back to me and not all positive memories. I was full of fear and what ifs: what if I failed, what if I couldn't keep up, what if I was setting myself up for failure, what if, what if, what if. I had to overcome many fears, push through them and just go for it, really what did I have to lose?  On shaky ground I went day after day, I worked late into the night, sometimes right into the wee hours of the morning and I focused on one paper at a time. I had to look to the future at times, not lose sight of where I wanted to be in five years. 


Tonight I revisited the college in the early years of my education, not as a student, as a mentor for youth and on November 13th I will be convocating with my degree. Wow, where have these past five years slipped away? Oh right... essays, essays, and more essays! 

15 comments:

  1. Yes, it sounds like you had a long haul, so glad you made it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Horst, so am I! :-) Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Those are some beautiful murals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy I also like the murals, I'd posted something about them about 3 1/2, going on 4 years ago now, shortly after I started blogging if memory serves me correctly. It was awesome to revisit this college, back to where this educational journey all began.

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. And what you point out but don't really say, you have grown as a person.One gains confidence and a much greater satisfaction in what they have achieved and what they do and can do.
    Have a great day on the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Red, and what you say is true. Not only have I grown academically, the journey has helped me grow immensely as an individual. However, my personal growth is not only through the education, I attribute this to many other factors in my life. I'm finding balance, peace, and serenity and the freedom to laugh again... really laugh!

      Have a wonderful weekend Red!

      Delete
  4. It must be a great satisfaction for you to be successful in your attempt.
    My compliments Darlin! I like very much these murals.
    Kisses
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika this is so surreal, I am extremely pleased that I've accomplished what I set out to do and now have realized that almost anything in life is possible!

      Cheers.

      Hugs sent your way this chilly morning!

      Delete
  5. You shouldn't be worried to fail. If you fail, you stand up, try harder, it makes you stronger. Great murals.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Filip I've realized this, I now have the courage to face many of my fears and life sure has become interesting to say the least. :-)

      Cheers.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a very trying five years. But you pulled through and are now very successful! Well done. (: I was worried when I went to college, but I managed to leave with pass grades and I felt so good afterwards too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saz good for you, the sense of accomplishment sure does feel good... we're both proof of that. :-)

      Cheers. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  7. One paper at a time, you have made it.....just like you knew in your heart that you could all along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce the heart encouraged me, the head is another story and good thing I didn't listen to my head! lol

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.