Today at work one of the elderly fellas I've known for quite a few years pulled up in this old car, it's beautiful and he keeps it in mint condition. I love the way the interior glistens, here's a photo of the dashboard. And here's what the car itself looks like.
It's hard to believe that this car was put together a year before I was even born. :-)
(I'm going to have to catch up another day on all of your wonderful posts, I worked 12 hours today and have to be back up early to work again.)


What a car,your friend is one luck fella. You can tell it was meticulously restored,but most of all its a beautiful design. Enjoyed your photos very much.
ReplyDeleteWhat would I do to own one of these - The T-Bird :-)
ReplyDeleteToo Bad that the Fuel prices are so high in Europe :-/
Greetz,
Joseph
I'm in love all over again. That car is 2 years old than me although it is not a pretty lol.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful car, heaven.
Si
Quality lasts and this is just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful ride! And younger then me!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful car and picture. You worked 12 hours and you can't find time to read your comments...hmmm. Go home and relax for heavens sake. We will wait for you.
ReplyDeleteChad, I think that this car is babied more than most babies are! lol Thank you for the compliment on my photos!
ReplyDeleteJoseph I'd love to have one of these as well but on a students budget I can't see it happening. The one bonus of living in Alberta is that we have massive amounts of natural resources, gas isn't too expensive. I think that it costs me about $60 month to run my car and I drive it daily so that's not bad at all.
Si two years older than you? So that makes me one year older than you and you know what they say about respecting your elders! lol Glad you fell in love all over again, oh what a feeling eh? :-)
Beverly, they must have made some of us women with fine quality... we're still lasting and we all look pretty darn fine, I'm not sure if we look as fine as Si does but that's another story! lol
Janelle wouldn't it be fun to take this out for an evening? A car full of us ladies just out having some fun! I can see it now...
Judy, I'm finally home now... off to bed shortly to do it all over again tomorrow. Mind you I only worked 8 hours today and out for a wonderful dinner but will catch up here one of these days SOON! I'm missing seeing everyone's photos, all in good time. Thank you for waiting for me, now I'll be able to sleep tonight! :-)
Cheers everyone, hope to check out your blog sites SOON, I get Sunday off!
Wow - gorgeous car - and I wouldn't call it 'old' - it's a CLASSIC and they never get old! Beautiful photos - love the detail of the dash. Oh, and I don't blame him for having a 'club' on it either.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good rest.
wonderful car!! regards
ReplyDeleteWow how beautiful.
ReplyDeleteRight Rick, a classic... oops! :-) I'd have a club not only on the steering wheel but one in my hand to ensure nobody touched my car! lol I'm finally on a day off tomorrow, time to pack for the upcoming move... never a dull moment in my world!
ReplyDeleteHi Costea, thanks... wish it was mine!!
Regina I agree 100%! :-)
That's a great photo of the dashbord. What a gorgeous car!
ReplyDeleteGood thing you Gemini ladies have more energy than the rest of us mere mortals. But still, darlin, take good care & don't work too hard. :)
Thanks Sherry, you sound like you do just as much as this Gemini! :-) I only wish I had the time to do some of what you do, the biking looks like it's a wonderful time and what awesome exercise.
ReplyDeleteIn Europe you need 40 to 60 Euro (55 to 80 Canadian $) a week to operate a small car or a diesel midsize family car!!!
ReplyDeleteBut on the bright side of things, I live central so I can use a bicycle or else commuting would become an expensive affair :-D
Greetz,
Joseph
Holy smokes Joseph, that's crazy! Some MONTHS that's all I spend, it's generally around $80 Canadian per month and I go out to the farm quite often which is 2 1/2 hours one way. I drive every single day... so now when our gas jumps 10 cents a liter I'll quit complaining.
ReplyDelete80 Canadian $ a month that is a bargain, people in Europe will only dare having these prices in their dreams! But that is because Europe is smaller, over crowded, low on natural recources and THE DEMAND IS VERY HIGH!
ReplyDeleteSo please stop the complaints - LOL
One day I will find my way back to the American Continent :-D
Greetz,
Joseph
K no complaints here Joseph! ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhere have you been before, have you ever been to Canada?
We used to live in Naples Florida before!
ReplyDeleteCame over to Europe for University and I stayed, I like here a lot :-)
(But there is always something in me that misses that piece of land across the Atlantic)
Unfortunately, I have never been to Canada, although I have mentioned before that I have a few relatives there :-)
One thing is 1000% sure, Canada is very high on our TO-VISIT-LIST :-)
Greetz,
Joseph
That's so cool Joseph to have the opportunity to study abroad and end up staying there! I've never been to Florida nor to Europe but hope to see both one day, oh and Australia is on my must visit list one day as well!
ReplyDeleteCanada is beautiful but if you don't like the cold, come in the summer. :-)