The one nice thing about having to be at work by 7am is that there's no traffic.
One bad thing about working in a kitchen cooking is when it gets to be this hot outside, it's much hotter over the grills. I felt like I was melting today!
The best part of my day... the drive home. I was stopped at a red light so I pulled out my camera, there were 3 young guys stopped in the next lane. All three looked up then one asked me what I was taking a picture of, I told him the reflection. He thought that was cool and said that he takes photos of odd things all the time too. :-)



I get great joy out of seeing the look on peoples faces when I am taking of something weird.
ReplyDeleteIt sure is fun! That's the first time (that I know of) that I got three young fellas all looking up at the same time. :-)
ReplyDeleteLol trust you to attract attention! Three excellent photograhs for what was a very hot day. I love the building photograph, one M would have been proud to take.
ReplyDeleteSi x
You had a great opportunity to say something like, "Look, it's SPIDERMAN!!!" as you're snapping the photo. At least that's what I would have said.
ReplyDeleteVery nice third photo with the Canadian flag, it adds a nice colorful touch to the greyish blue structure :-)
ReplyDeleteGreetz,
Joseph
Taking photos opens up conversations with the strangest people - my best was asking someone to take my photo in London and discovering that they were from Brisbane, Australia - my home town. A small world made even smaller through our photos and our blogs - great photos :)
ReplyDeleteLL I would have had some type of a comeback if my brain was in gear; working over hot grills for 8 hours is enough to do in anyone's comebacks... well mine anyways and generally I'm extremely quick with them. Thanks for the thought, tired or not if this happens again you bet I have something smart to say and for this I thank you. :-)
ReplyDeleteJoseph that's actually what I wanted to capture, but try to tell 3 young guys in the next car at a red light that...nope, wasn't going there! :-) Thanks!
Beverly this is so true but those who know me well enough have just quit asking, sometimes they head the other way to avoid having their photos taken! Just kidding, I have so much fun with this project that who knows how long I'll do it for. I hope to have the time to continue in the fall when I'm in university and studying 5 classes per semester!
Just looking at the #30 makes me feel cooler. Temps. have been hovering around 100 degrees here,I have no idea how that relates to c. Keep cool and can't wait to see tomorrows post.
ReplyDeleteHoly smokes, that's crazy hot Chad! I just googled that and it's 37.8 degrees when it's 100f! I guess that you're used to that there, we're sure not here, well not me anyways! I love it when it's around 20c and sunny with a bit of cool wind, that's my favorite time of year. No coats, I can wear shorts, I don't need an air conditioner and I don't have to shovel my car out. :-) Right it's Sunday, I'm not sure if I have my sunset, I don't care for the one I have but maybe I'll post it just the same... tomorrow, that's sort of become tradition with me now! lol I have to be up at 5:30am for work so I'd best be calling it a night.
ReplyDeleteThese are great shots Darlene! Wow : 30C in Edmonton; that's a heat wave! May as well enjoy it while you can; I never grumble about a heat wave 'cause I know the alternative all too well.
ReplyDeleteok - I'm outta here. Need my beauty rest - or I'm even uglier in the morning ;-)
Thanks Rick. I had to laugh at your comment, uglier in the morning! It has been a few hot days, almost too hot but like you said, we know the alternative all too well so bring on the sunshine! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteYikes and now I have to get moving and get my morning off to a running start!