Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy 21st Michelle


My youngest child Michelle will be 21 on July 12, she's going to be in Vegas the day before her birthday and she's staying for a week. We went out for dinner tonight to celebrate her birthday, the food was delicious! My oldest son and his wife were there with my granddaughter, as well as my niece, my great niece and a couple of Michelle's friends. It's so awesome to get together with my family, we're going to have to do this more often!

And what does a mother who does a Project 365 buy her daughter for her birthday? 


A new camera to take with her on her trip to Vegas!  

Happy 21st my beautiful daughter, I hope you have an awesome vacation!

23 comments:

  1. You have great children. I'm sure she'll have a great time in Vegas. Here's a plan I'm working on for a new blog and want you to be the first to know since you are my best blog friend...bbf. I have a novel in me that needs to be written, but I am lazy or procrastinating or something. I am thinking of writing it in blog format with pictures to illustrate it. This would force me to write every day. If it works, I can self publish later or hopefully find a publisher. Big undertaking, but I look at what you have done and it is minor in comparison. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday in advance to your daughter. She'll be 21 on the day I'll travel for vacation.

    So you bought her a camera? Well, its time I start seeing some of her photos too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy I think that's a fantastic idea, if you are as committed to this new way to blog and write as you were to the build up to Yellowstone and your adventures and experiences once you were there that would work! That would be incentive to both write and get out there taking photos.

    I too want to write a book one day, no time in my life right now but when does anyone really have time to just write? What I'd LOVE to do is take a year after my degree and just write, I'm going to have to see where I'm at in life and I'm thinking that I'm going to be in the poor house and HAVE to get out to work! But ya never know!

    What a fantastic idea, the only thing that I would caution you of is that if you put out too much information here on blogger anybody could come along and claim your words as their own... how does one stop that from happening? I don't write anything that anyone would want to take off of me here, I just have tons of fun and have met some wonderful people such as yourself!

    Have you ever thought of walking around with a recorder and recording your thoughts throughout the day and sitting at night, disciplining yourself to do that, and type out everything which you're thought about incorporating into your book? You could also take the recordings and sit and type first thing in the morning when you're fresh. I find that I used to connect better to my words when I actually wrote, today I can still connect to them because my typing speed has improved immensely with all those damn essays! lol

    Have a fantastic day and let me know what you decide to do, just whatever you do get doing it NOW is my strongest suggestion. :-)

    I do have awesome children, thank you Judy, I'm a proud Mama Bear! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. M. I'm hoping that my daughter will post the odd photo, she's the artist who would rather paint I think but you never know. Plus being 21 soon she's a busy 21 year old who takes after her mom so much, always doing something and I can't see her blogging. Facebook... well that's another story! :-) I'll suggest she come here to thank you for the birthday wishes once she's back from Vegas!

    Wow, your trip is coming up very quickly, it seems like only a few days ago that you started to talk about this, where does the time slip away on us? I hope you have a fantastic trip and I hope to see photos once you return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Costea, I will pass on your regards to my daughter. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a good mom and that's why your daughter likes taking care of you.

    Yeah, my vacation is a few days away and I can't wait. I'll be missing my girlfriend, but I also miss my family a lot.

    I'm not sure about the photos, because I don't have a camera to take with me, but I'll do my best to take a couple, even if I have to use a camera of someone else ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 21 years old. How time flies! Happy Birthday to you too, Mom. It is hard work being a mom. We are the ones who deserve the celebration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your daughter, I cannot remember 21 and well done on getting the photographic bug passed on.

    My kids are hooked too so we have the next generation of 365 bloggers developing nicely.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  9. My congratulations to grown-up dauther of so young mother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to the beautiful Michelle and she got the perfect gift - A CAMERA *Thumbs Up*

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  11. M. how long will you be away for?

    POD now I love that idea, my kids can start to buy ME gifts on their birthdays! :-)

    Si my daughter started a project 365 last year in January and I think that she posted maybe a week. I have bought her cameras in the past, the last one was 3 years ago so she was due for a new one. I love that this one can take photos underwater, it's very similar to my point and shoot but mine doesn't take the photos under water.

    Thank you Irina, I'm very young at heart. My oldest son is now 31 and just made me a grandma in May! My second son is 26 and my daughter is the baby. I had my first child very young but it's awesome now, I'm young enough to really enjoy my granddaughter!

    Joseph thank you, I'm going to email her and send her over here to read these comments and she can thank you all herself... yup that's what I'm going to do! :-)

    Have a wonderful day/evening everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, a belated Happy Birthday to your daughter! I hope she uses that camera every day - why, she could even take a few for you when you start getting busy with school work - now THAT would be a gift for you!

    Yes, nothing beats getting together with family for a fun evening!

    Enjoy that weekend coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rick now there's a heck of an idea, we could start a mother/daughter blog site! I LOVE that idea and will see what she thinks of it!

    I only have one major complaint about weekends Rick, they go way to fast! Thank you I do intend to have a fun filled weekend and I hope that you do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be away for 2 months. A long time to be away from your girlfriend, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. We all know the motto, "What happens in Vegas - STAYS IN VEGAS". I prefer the motto, "What happens in Vegas can be brought home and spread through the community."

    All the same, Happy Birthday, Michelle. We can see where she got her good looks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. (Just a sidebar question, Darlin)

    Were you eleven years old when you had Michelle? I'm just curious because you simply don't look old enough to have a YOUNGEST who is 21.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LL you are too kind, I was 25 when my daughter was born but I can stick with 11, that works by me! :-)

    And yes I want to SEE what happened in Vegas, hence the new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  18. M. that will be a long time to be away but think of the reunion once you are reunited! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday to your daughter.
    Good choice of cam.
    Big girl now and off to Las Vegas. (Love the outlet stores out there :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. There's a storm brewing (thunder and wind so far) and Little Bear is scared. I come here when I need non-stop music to help calm him down...lol Haven't been here in forever but thought I'd say hi while I'm here.

    I can hardly believe that Michelle is going to be 21! I remember clearly as if just yesterday all the wonderful hours/days/weekends that I got to spend with her as she was growing up. I was lucky enough to get to babysit her when she was little then as she got older, I'd pick her up from her dad's every 2nd weekend for visits...so many memories of movie nights and snacks, scrapbook days, garage sales (especially going to them but had a couple of our own) and sooooo many more memories...and all the pictures to remember those days by. I love her so much and miss those days. Ken still often accidentally calls Ashley "Michelle" (even did just last weekend when Christine and her family were here) :-)

    Michelle has grown up to be such an awesome, kind-hearted, hard-working young lady!

    Wish I would have been invited to her party! Maybe next year?

    Jul

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry Jewel, I would have invited you to join us if I'd have known you'd come. I'll definitely invite you next year to her b'day.

    That's funny that Ken calls Ashley Michelle, it's funnier that I call both Cheryl and Michelle Micheryl. I do that all the time and where that comes from who knows! I couldn't be prouder of my daughter than I am, she's doing so well for herself and she does have awesome work ethics as well as a huge heart. My baby girl is all grown up now... but she's always going to be my baby.

    That's hilarious that the music here calms Little Bear down, your dog has good taste in music! lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Regina, thank you. I hope that this is a good camera but won't get to see photos most likely until my daughter is back from Vegas now. I'm sure that she'll have a ton of fun there, she works so hard to take her vacations, work hard... play harder! :-) I've never been to Vegas, one of these years I might get there and then I'll check out the shopping. Enjoy your Saturday! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.