Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Friday, July 9, 2010

Crocus and a Guess


I had a request from a fellow blogger earlier this year to take a photo of a crocus, I didn't find any growing wild so I planted one. This crocus plant isn't the same color I remember them being when I was young, I remember a bluish purple. So Rick, there you go, here is your crocus even if it's not a wild Alberta one, if I come across a wild one I'll take another photo and post it.  :-)

I took a close up today and I'll let you all guess this next one. I think it's fairly easy but then again it's growing right outside here at the farm. As soon as someone guesses this one I'll post a photo of the entire plant. I won't be online for the better part of tomorrow but will check back here tomorrow night. 

Wishing you all a blessed and happy Saturday!

14 comments:

  1. HAPPY (PINK) SATURDAY DARLIN'
    THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO YOUR AWESOME BLOG.
    BEAUTIFUL.
    I LOOKED AT SOME OF YOUR POSTS AND I LOVE THE ONE OF THE CORNER FENCE IN THE COUNTRY.
    I JOINED AS A FOLLOWER.
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how gorgeous Darlin.
    Love these blooms.
    Happy weekend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could grow flowers as pretty as that, beautiful capture.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are here! The flowers are here! Worth the wait? =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you eat a crocus, it will kill you. That's how it got the name "croak-us".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Debbie, welcome to my blog and thank you for the compliments.

    Thank you Regina, my weekend is going way to fast is my only complaint. You're Pink Saturday photos are stunning!

    Thank you Costea, do you have a photo blog going as well? If so can you please send me a link here so that I can take a peek, thanks.

    Thank you Joseph, no guess on what the bottom flower is? :-)

    Si thank you as well for the compliment, I find growing flowers to be quite easy. I go to the store and buy what I like, I come home and put them into dirt and I water them... just like that. Once in a while I might feed them Miracle Grow if they look like they need a boost so see, you too could do this I'm sure!

    Thanks Marty and the same back at ya!

    Yup finally got some blooms Sherry, finally!! I've been waiting and waiting and all of a sudden some have finally bloomed. I don't expect a lot of the perennials that I just planted this year but ya never know!

    LL, is that a fact or one of your interesting conceptions that this is where the name came from? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LL you'd miss me if I did and it actually did kill me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, I think that looks like a peony. I need to scroll up to see if you revealed the entire plant! It's just beautiful, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheryl, you know your flowers! I'll post more on this shot on today's post... I'd best post it shortly or I'll forget! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I finally found a few minutes to start visiting blogs again, and I spent quite a while here catching up on your posts! First, thanks for the crocus shot - or is that an anemone ? At any rate, it is unique - never saw one like that before - very pretty. And I would also have guessed a peony for the other, but Cheryl beat me to it.

    I won't comment on each post but will go back to your latest.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.