Today on my way home from the farm I stopped off at the place I did my practicum, they were hosting a Powwow this weekend. I took so many photos it's tough to pick just one so I'm posting a few. The outfits were amazing and the children were adorable.





Wow - these a great shots! Very colourful, and you really caught the action.
ReplyDeleteI've spent a while here going through your photos and posts, catching up. Love your airplane shot, and the old car (a '48 ? looks a bit like a '48 my dad had once), your Garfield, your before/after of that stubborn flower bed - far too much to mention. You've certainly kept busy with this. Glad I had a chance to look at everything.
Have an awesome week!
Why isn't there equal representation -- cowboys or mounties?
ReplyDelete(cool photos)
Beautiful, colorful -- these shots really amazing. Love the last one -- you've captured the movement of the dance and his wonderful face!
ReplyDeleteThey are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThey are so colourful, the constumes are amazing. Me Wide Apeture, Long Lens very impressed. Uumm good photographs, I hope you did not steal to much of their sole taking them, uumm bad if you did ;-}
ReplyDeleteSi
Rick, thanks~ there is a lot of action at the Powwow's, have you ever been to one? If you haven't and get a chance to go just the photo opportunities in itself are worth the drive!
ReplyDeleteLL there was equal representation, the Native people honored the Americans, the British and Alberta by flying each of their flags. Just because there weren't any cowboys per se (they were all at the Calgary stampede I'm thinking) or any mounties they could have attended if they so chose, the Powwows are open to the public, it's all about choice. :-) (thanks for the compliment on the photos)
Thanks Lucy, I"m learning how to use my camera by playing around with it. I tend not to read books even though I've purchases a lot of them, I am learning heart photography! It comes straight from the heart and playing with my camera! :-)
Thank you Davine, one more sleep and I'll know about the house! Here's to hoping! :-)
Si, I don't think that I stole their souls, you should have seen them dance... they danced with their entire heart and soul and it was amazing to see such young ones dance they way they did! And thank you for your compliments on my photo!
I'm afraid that if I had attended the stampede, it would have to be preceded by a very short haircut -- to make my scalp worthless -- FIRST.
ReplyDelete