Today I ventured out with the kids to the dog park, naturally with my camera. The "kids" are my nieces and nephew. I've lived with my nephew for this past year, my niece in the black top lived with me for this past 2 years. The girl in the purple is a sister of my niece and nephew, she lives 5 hours away and is here visiting. The girl in the blue is my great niece, my nephew's daughter... have I confused you yet? Here is where it gets interesting, my two nieces are auntie to my great niece and they're both younger than my great niece is.
In a few more sleeps I'm going to be moving out of this home. I'm moving into a cute little house, one where I will live by myself and no longer pay someone else's mortgage. I need my space if I'm ever going to get through university, college was challenging enough having my niece living with me. Sometimes I wonder how I made it though this past two years, but I have and unscathed. I must say that it's been nice getting to know my niece and nephew, it's always good to get closer to family, yet on the other hand it's going to be so nice to have my own space.

Ok, I was doing fine following your explanation till I got to the part about 'the girl in the blue ...' and then I got lost; you'll have to draw a picture with arrows and circles ... ;-)
ReplyDeleteGreat that you were able to live with extended family for a while - sometimes that doesn't work out; and also great that you're getting your own space!
Lovely family by the way. Have a great week!
Nope I have read it three times and still cannot get it lol, typical man cannot understand family trees. Good luck with your move and well done on getting your own space.
ReplyDeleteSi x
Just a little confused. Congratulations on getting the new house. That is such a lovely shot.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rick, it is quite simple, the 3 are brother and sisters. The girl in blue is the daughter of my nephew. Is that easier? lol
ReplyDeleteSi, read the above comment... maybe that simplifies it. If you've never heard the song "I'm my own Gramdpa" google it and watch it on you tube, it's hilarious, confusing but hilarious! And thanks Si.
Thank you Davine, it is sooooo exciting to be getting into my own place after all these years!
Oh and the brother and sisters... they are my sisters children. :-) Hope you all have a great day!
ReplyDeleteThat is a very nice portrait of a family, you should have this photo printed :-)
ReplyDeleteGreetz,
Joseph
You need your own light and space to feel free.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful family!And a cute little dog. I have a bro. in-law that have grand nephews and nieces older that him:).
ReplyDeleteWonderful capture Darlin.
Happy new week.
Joseph I suggested this to the kids for a gift for their mom, my sister. I think that she'd love this.
ReplyDeleteLL I couldn't agree more.
Thank you Regina, so you could follow the family ties right? :-)
This is a lovely family photo. You lost me with the geneology (I'm better with genetics).
ReplyDeleteCongrats on this next phase of your life, darlin. A place of one's own... :)
About to do some nite swimming w/my man under the full moon...
Thanks Sherry, it's exciting to know that I'm going to have some peace and serenity back in my life. I'm going to have to get a dog for company but at least a dog doesn't talk back! lol
ReplyDeleteHave fun swimming, now that's romantic under the full moon!