Our neighbors across the road have their grandson visiting from Montreal for the summer, he's such a sweetheart.
I also manged to capture a few shots of this beautiful yellow finch.
Have a wonderful Saturday!
Through a Project 365 challenge I started taking a photo a day quite some time ago and posting it on this blog, I started to see the world differently and wanted to see if I could capture what I was seeing. Then life got busy and I put the camera and blog aside and today I take my Canon with me from time to time, and now that I think of it I miss taking photos on a regular basis. Glad to be back, it won't always be the DSLR shots, but nonetheless, here I go again!
Darlin...thanks for the answer about Canada's university system. Now I am really impressed! It sounds much harder than in the states. You'll do great. You are one tough woman. How do you manage to do it all?
ReplyDeleteThanks Judy, some nights I just sleep less than others! There are times when it gets stressful but somehow I manage to keep going and doing, I believe it's my passion for wanting a degree in Social Work which helps me push through it all. These next two years I can foresee a few things having to be cut back, not as many trips to the farm, maybe posting here less but that's not the here and now, I also try to live in the moment which helps.
ReplyDeleteDarlin worked for her degree.
ReplyDeleteBack when I was at university, it was tough. I mean, it was really tough. So I got through the old fashioned way...and dare I say the time-tested way. I simply sat next to the smart people (such as Darlin) and only copied their right answers. I managed to do BETTER than they did on tests and it led to a successful life as a government drone.
LL who wrote your essays for you and are they still around to help out? ;-) I almost choked on my tea this fine morning LL, you crack me up! Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDelete2 awesome shots, but the bird's my favorite because of the DoF!
ReplyDeletei like how they resemble posters.
ReplyDeletethose are fantastic quotes!
I can't leave a comment on the first photo beause it has a boy in it - LOL :-D
ReplyDeleteI like the finch :-D
Greetz,
Joseph
One excellent candid capture of a cheeky chap running up a phone bill and a beautiful bird. Funny be both posted bird photographs today without knowing it. Yours is way more colourful and more interesting too.
ReplyDeleteSi
Darlin', I used smoke and mirrors to prepare papers, laced with a heavy dose of professor intimidation and when that didn't work, outright bribes of chocolates (for women) and sporting event tickets (for men). When I graduated from the Naval Postgraduate School (majored in mathematics), there were a lot of professors who were sad to see me go. The degree in advanced mathematics never did much to advance my career in special warfare where we killed people for a living. So chalk it up to wasted taxpayer dollars.
ReplyDeleteBack to papers: My masters thesis was the creation of an algorithm that defines the formation of crystals in ice and applied that to random number generation for the purpose of creating more effective cyphers (codes). I plagerized God, who created the algorithm in the first place (mia culpa). I don't think it's a crime to look over God's shoulder - but one could call it cheating in one sense since it wasn't an original idea.
Thanks M, I couldn't decide which one to post so I broke the rules once again, just don't tell the Project 365 police k? :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you Chasity, the one photo of the boy the words are a quote, the second one with the bird I've never heard before but it seemed appropriate for the mood I was in!
Joseph, you're funny! And thank you for the compliment. :-)
Si I haven't made it over to your blog as of yet, I just got here after another busy day. I'll venture over in a bit, I'm sure that your photo kicks butt as they generally do. ;-)
LL so in essence anything I choose to write really isn't my choice or my idea? I can understand this in a sense, but how does one cite God? Especially without the professors thinking that I've lost it! I could always cite God as "personal communication" and let them prove me wrong! Ya, that's what I could do in a paper one day just to mess with them, maybe I'd best take a philosophy course and have some fun.
A math major now that's impressive although as you mentioned unfortunately it never did advance your career yet I'm sure the life lessons were something else. After reading your novel I'm surprised that your major wasn't English, you have a gift for putting on paper and evoking feelings and that is an impressive style of writing to me. Now one last question for you,when do we get to see you on Diablo in a suit and your shades? :-)
Have a wonderful day/evening everyone!
When one attempts to explain mathematically how ice crystals form (from the perspective of pattern) as water chills, you are not coming up with anything unique in my opinion. All you do is to "read a very small part of God's mind" in a sense because ice has been forming for a very long time in the universe. The pattern has been at work for something like fourteen billion years and the Great Maker decreed what it would be.1 Taking credit for anything is disingenuous. I may be a bit abstract in this, but then again, I'm a bit abstract.
ReplyDelete1 Source: Mind of God
(catching up after being away ...)
ReplyDeleteGreat photos Darlene - nice to see a Montreal boy out west, enjoying himself. People are people all over the globe - it's usually the politicians who mess things up! And lovely shot of the goldfinch - just saw our first 3 today! Have a great week.
Thanks Rick and welcome back.
ReplyDeleteI agree that politicians screw up so much in our world, let people be people and see what transpires.
LL, you abstract? I hardly noticed. ;-)
Have a fantastic week Rick and LL.