Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes..."



" ... but that ain't what it takes to love me, like I wanna be loved by you."
This shot reminds me of that old song by Jim Stafford. I just listened to a part of it and had to laugh, I even remember the words!

I had a different photo taken for my shot of the day and tonight out on the patio I spotted this spider and thought that I'd try to take a photo of it. I'm getting pretty impressed with my RebelXSi and what it can do, even though I detest spiders, I like this photo.

11 comments:

  1. Itsy Bitsy spider,
    Climbed up the water spout,
    Down came the rain,
    And washed the spider out.

    Out came the sun,
    And dried up all the rain,
    And the Itsy Bitsy spider,
    Climbed up the spout again.

    Spiders are a lot like zombies in that regard. They just don't give up in their thirst for Darlin' blood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriend is scared of spiders, so I frequently have to rush to the scene and get the spider away ;)

    Its true that a DSLR can do a lot and it helps make one's photos much better, but as they say; "Saying a camera takes great picture is like saying a guitar plays good music".

    So, it's you who take good pictures and not your rebel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one good halloween shot you got there :-D

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. LL now I'll have nightmares of spiders coming to suck all of my blood out of me, ewwww! lol

    M. I detest spiders but I have no problem with killing them at all. This one was spared, he was good enough to sit still with my flash going off a few times until I got "the shot", so ya, he deserved to live. :-) Thank you for your compliment, you are very kind M.

    Joseph, you can "borrow" that one for Halloween if you'd like, I'm not big on decorating for Halloween... it's Christmas I love decorating for and I don't want to adorn my home with spiders for Christmas! :-)

    LOL Sherry! I even got up close and personal with this critter for a shot, the things us photographers do for a photo sometimes eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a brave woman to take this picture. I don't kill the spiders I find outside, but if they venture in my house, they are on my turf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You bet Judy, they are free to roam God's green earth but don't come onto my turf or your ass is grass! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well a rebel using a Rebel, I guess that makes you a Rebel with a cause!!?? Excellent capture, I love the composition.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I suppose you're right Si, I have been known to be a tad bit of a rebel in the past but have never thought of this in this sense! Thank you for the compliment on the photo, one of my first night ones and now I want to experiment with night shots one of these fine evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Regina, it's funny how a photo of a gross spider can look good in the right lighting! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.