Most of the company we get out at the farm drives here but not one friend of ours, he flies his plane here which is pretty cool.
Here's what I find rather amusing; we had the TV on and Herb was snoozing through a "chick flick" when all of a sudden he sits up and asked me if I heard someone out there flying. I hadn't heard our friend yet but Herb did.
Now how is it that we, Herb and myself, can be sitting in the same room and he can't hear me at the best of times but he can hear a plane which is still in the distance while he's sleeping and with the TV going? Hmmm interesting, very interesting. Now I'm comprehending what the term "selective hearing" really means!

I'm back,and it's good to be so. It's been a while since I've been able to look at others posts,if you notice I haven't even been on Scott's. I thought it intersting having a plane land in your back yard,not something many could have happen. As for hearing the plane it's a guy thing and happens to my wife all the time.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back Chad. It is interesting having a plane land but he circles around the front lawn after he comes in on the air strip that Herb seeded so he could keep his plane here. I actually did laugh out loud with the comment about the "guy thing." That's so funny!
ReplyDeleteDid you get your computer fixed or just go with a new one? Either way it's good to see you back again!
Yep, selective hearing, selective seeing and selective feeling that is what we men are made of: Selectiveness - LOL
ReplyDeleteNice Angle and "Couleurs Vives" :-)
Greetz,
Joseph
What a great plane. Oh I know selective hearing exists but yeah it is weird.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to get around in such a pretty little plane!
ReplyDeleteThanks Joseph. I actually laughed out loud when I read your comment! Thanks for the early morning chuckle! :-)
ReplyDeleteDavine, only one problem with this plane, it's only a one seater so I can't go up in it with our friend to take photos. :-(
Donna, they're fun little planes. I've only been up in the air once but now that I know what it's like I'll definitely go back up!
Happy to give you the early morning chuckles :-D
ReplyDeleteGreetz,
Joseph
Thank you Darlin for the laugh, very funny post and lovely photo.
ReplyDeleteSi
Si, your welcome and thank you for the compliment! :-)
ReplyDeleteMy hubby says that he can't hear children and women. Guess planes are not in that category. When you talk to men, try to sound like a plane. I started the new blog! judyohio.blogspot.com. Come visit!
ReplyDeleteJudy, how do I sound like a plane... I need lessons! lol I shall come and visit the new blog in a bit here, I took too many photos today and have to make up my mind what to post now.
ReplyDeleteJudy it appears that blogger is having some type of problems right now and I can't get over to your new blog site but I'll try later on.
ReplyDelete