Perspective

Perspective
Why I love photography

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Farm From Above


Tonight I mustered up the courage to go up for a short ride in Herb's two seater plane. I have this fear of heights but for some odd reason the beauty of what I seen below quashed my fears almost immediately. I was able to get this photo of Herb's farm, the home quarter and I think that it's looking pretty darn fine.

I've always loved aerial photos of the country and now we have one of our own for a fraction of the price of getting one done professionally. I will definitely go up on that wee plane again one day, but not with Herb until he gets much more flying experience. 

(I'm falling asleep here tonight, it's been a really busy weekend out here at the farm. I'll check all of you photos out as soon as I'm awake enough to read.)

12 comments:

  1. Wow what an adventure and well done you. I bet it was such a thrill and a once in a life time to get some arial shots of where you live.

    Excellent way to start the weekend with a beautiful photograph.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so you are the one shooting all the private-policy-debated-arial-pics for Google-Earth!?!
    Nice to meet you - LOL

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you lucky girl, I love little planes and what a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm afraid of heights, too, but long to see sights like this. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Si, thank you. I can go up in this plane whenever the fella who's teaching Herb how to fly comes over, Herb owns the plane! :-)

    Joseph, now you're giving me ideas! lol

    Thank you Davine, I can't believe how beautiful it is up there. It's so beautiful I forgot to be scared!

    Thank you lucy, if you ever have the chance to do something like this go for it, push though the fear and just go for it. Make sure you take your camera though, it's so worth the photo opportunity. And as I mentioned, I wasn't even scared which shocked me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, very nice and greeeeeeeen your farm :-)

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does he use the airplane as a cropduster?

    Those of us with an interest in aviation want more details on the aircraft.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LL no this plane is not a crop duster, it's an untralight homemade plane. It runs with a Bombadeer skidoo motor, one of those high tech ones I guess... YIKES and I went up in that! I think that I'm going to start asking more questions before I get into anything that moves around here!

    Joseph, it's absolutely gorgeous here! We have tons of open space and I love it! Very unlike that city life which I am heading back to in a bit here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to go up in a little plane like that! You got a great photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was such a rush Sherry! If you ever get a chance go for it! And thank you, I had to lean over the fella driving the plane to get good shots! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't tell me about city life and the 50 square meters that we call our home - Or else you need to be the Head of The Bank of America in order to be able to afford a larger place - LOL - :-D

    Greetz,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing feedback, comments are welcome and I'll respond when time permits.