Today as I pulled into the driveway out at the farm I noticed a "new" Chevy Suburban. This newest, or second newest (yes I noticed yet another antique truck) vehicle out here is another fixer upper. As far as we can deduct this is dated anywhere from 1949 - 1954, I'll do some research and see if I can narrow this down one of these days.
I think that I'm starting to see what Herb sees, I can see this in a nice shiny black and in running condition. I'm going to check with Herb and see what color he sees it in.

I think someone who can make something loved and usuable from something that would normally go to heaven are truley talented.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Black & White - Perfect tones for Oldies but Goldies :-)
ReplyDeleteYou have so many nice vehicles on your farm. I bet if one day Herb will be able to get all of these machines up and running, you will be able to have your own private museum!
Older cars and trucks have something to them, maybe this is because humans built them and not nowadays robots!!!
Greetz,
Joseph
A lot of people are redoing the older cars and doing very well with them. This one could probably be fixed with a little time, money and loving care.
ReplyDeleteDavine in the future I'll post the before and after photos, as each vehicle is restored. I love having before and after shots.
ReplyDeleteJoseph, I think that you're right... a museum just might be what he has in store. Oh and he also sees this one in a nice shiny black and browns like we both imagine it was originally. Great minds think alike! ;-)
LV we, more like my guy, is planning of fixing this up and getting it running. He's got the patience to do things such as this... God bless his heart!
That's one awesome vintage car! Can see myself driving in one of those.
ReplyDeleteI think I'll go for white metallic...
M. white shows all the dirt, that's why I'm thinking black. It's funny how we see black and white, that was the black and white days back in the 50's! lol
ReplyDeleteOh very cool. I once knew someone who restored old Mustangs and Studebakers. It's quite a gift to be able to bring these gems back to life. Thanks for your visit to my blog today. :)
ReplyDeleteMustangs, wow now we're talking! :-) I love your photos Hilary, the colors are so vivid. What type of a camera do you use and do you use filters? I'm such an amateur and any pointers I can get I'll gladly take! Hope you have an awesome weekend and happy shooting! :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly. You really are a darlin' for saying so. :) I use a Canon EOS 50D, with a Canon 17 to 80mm lens (I think.. it's downstairs now and I'm too lazy to go look) and a Sigma zoom 70 to 300 mm. It was a gift to me a year ago June (the zoom this past December) and I'm still finding the learning curve a tad steep by encountering more and more level areas these days. I so appreciate your kind words and encouragement. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a nice camera, I have the same size of lenses but the ones I have are both Canon and the 75-300mm doesn't have image stabilizer which I find makes a difference.
ReplyDelete